Sedalia here we come

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

I just wanted to get one final plug in for the sale on Saturday. I have attached pics of lot 30 and her bull calf and lot 18 and her heifer calf. We didn't get a pic of lot 18 in the catalog but I feel she is the best female we are selling. I would also invite as many of you who can to watch the sale on liveauctions.tv. This is a really big weekend for our operation and I would like to share it with my virtual family as well. Again if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at (785)213-0554 or at [email protected]. Thanks Charles Anderson

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_1545.JPG
    IMG_1545.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 415

red

looks like a very functional, real mamma cow. I'll have to mark the sale on my calendar. Will try to wave at you!  ;)  (lol)

Red

itk

The sell went well for us. We averaged around $2,000 on our cows and the sell average was a hair over $1500. Our high seller was lot 18. I thought she could have sold alittle better but we had several cows sell for more or a few hundred less then what we paid for them 7 years ago so all things considered we were happy. I didn't get to watch the bulls sell but my favorite bull was the one that Moores brought. He was red with a ton of body and mass. He wasn't the flashiest bull but you would be real happy when his daughters go into production in a few years. There was also a tremendous DR heifer there out of Hobo that Dav Mar Way consigned. All things considered it sounded like it was better then being in TN for Polled Congress. Hopefully Doc has gotten out of the snow to give us a update on that sale.

Doc

itk said:
The sell went well for us. We averaged around $2,000 on our cows and the sell average was a hair over $1500. Our high seller was lot 18. I thought she could have sold alittle better but we had several cows sell for more or a few hundred less then what we paid for them 7 years ago so all things considered we were happy. I didn't get to watch the bulls sell but my favorite bull was the one that Moores brought. He was red with a ton of body and mass. He wasn't the flashiest bull but you would be real happy when his daughters go into production in a few years. There was also a tremendous DR heifer there out of Hobo that Dav Mar Way consigned. All things considered it sounded like it was better then being in TN for Polled Congress. Hopefully Doc has gotten out of the snow to give us a update on that sale.

ITK, Congrats on your cattle. A lot of the cattle at the Congress sold well below their value. The champ bull was the white bull of Sharbens & he brought $2,000.00 & was worth easily double that. Top bull was lot 5 & brought $3800. Champ hfr was lot 13 & brought $1900. Leemons had a added lot that was a PHAF Sept.07 dtr of Radioactive out of a Primabella that was real nice & brought $3000. The sale avg about $1700.00

RMRW

Doc,

Was wondering how the embryo lots sold @ the congress,??? Since we had some pick out, but couldnt end up makeing it and we dont do phone bids anymore...  Thanks...

Doc

RMRW said:
Doc,

Was wondering how the embryo lots sold @ the congress,??? Since we had some pick out, but couldnt end up makeing it and we dont do phone bids anymore...  Thanks...

38a- 400 x 3 - Huberdale
38b - 250 x 3
39a - 250 x 3
40 - 250 x 3
41 - 250 x 3
41b - 250 x 3
42 - 650 x3  - me & Tim Brandenburg
43 - 700 x3
43b - 600 x 3
44 - 525 x 3

shortyjock89

Doc,what did you like about that Primabella heifer of Leemon's?  I live very close to them(3 miles), and I've seen their calve numerous times.  She might have been my favorite out of their fall set.  I think that the set that they took to TN was pretty good, and they probably sold below what they would privately, but that's usually how Polled Congress goes. 

Doc

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Doc,what did you like about that Primabella heifer of Leemon's?  I live very close to them(3 miles), and I've seen their calve numerous times.  She might have been my favorite out of their fall set.  I think that the set that they took to TN was pretty good, and they probably sold below what they would privately, but that's usually how Polled Congress goes. 

She was put together really nice. Had some nice thickness to her , with a nice front end. Thought she hadn't been pushed real hard & should show for 2 years then make a heckuva a cow.

shortyjock89

Yeah, I think she's the kind that will probably dominate as a coming 2 year old that's pretty heavy bred.  She looks like she's gonna be pretty cowy for a Radioactive and will be a super momma...those Primabella's keep on doin' it for Leemon's..did you get to see their Appendix heifer?

Doc

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Yeah, I think she's the kind that will probably dominate as a coming 2 year old that's pretty heavy bred.  She looks like she's gonna be pretty cowy for a Radioactive and will be a super momma...those Primabella's keep on doin' it for Leemon's..did you get to see their Appendix heifer?

Yea, I saw her. She was a nice color & profiled nice but would have liked to see her a little thicker. But to me she really wasn't bred to be really thick. Their bred hfr was a steal.