SEE-N-STARZ (daughter pic added)

Help Support Steer Planet:

ECC

See-N-Starz is the young Star Power on Heat Wave's mom that was mentioned at the Frozen Gold.  We have been lucky enough to start getting some freeze quality semen on him this last week.  I say lucky because he just turned a year old May 1st.  He will be registered as a Half Blood Simmi and as a Mainetainer.  He had a birth weight of 85 lbs.  We are waiting on the blood test results but he should be genetically TH and PHA Free.  Let me know if you are interested.

ECC

yes and you can also view him on my unfinished website at everhartshowcattle.com

OH Breeder

How old is heatwave's dam? She must be doing well she has produced some interesting brothers to Heatwave.

Nice looking bull good luck on test. Great to see how he develops.

ECC

OH Breeder said:
How old is heatwave's dam? She must be doing well she has produced some interesting brothers to Heatwave.

Nice looking bull good luck on test. Great to see how he develops.

I'd have to check dates but off the top of my head Max said that Heat Wave was her first calf.

CAB

Will there be EPDs available on this bull? I want to figure out which bloodline in HW's pedigree took all of the milk with it out the door. I was looking into using National Treasure @ one pt. to see if the old Taz cow was supplying most of the power there and could possibly leave soom milk for the calves. The time frame was right after NT was declared PHAC, and I got out of the mood when he tested carrier status. Your bull looks promising. Good Luck, Brent

ECC

CAB said:
   Will there be EPDs available on this bull? I want to figure out which bloodline in HW's pedigree took all of the milk with it out the door. I was looking into using National Treasure @ one pt. to see if the old Taz cow was supplying most of the power there and could possibly leave soom milk for the calves. The time frame was right after NT was declared PHAC, and I got out of the mood when he tested carrier status. Your bull looks promising. Good Luck, Brent

There should be EPD's from both the Simmi and Maine Associations.  I wasn't planning on collecting him this spring let alot moving semen on him due that he just turn a year old friday.  Neither association will register him until they have blood results back declairing him TH and PHA free.  Taz has blood on sample but according to both associations Star Power doesn't.  I'm hoping that the Star Power side of things brings in extra maternal traits such as milk, but still have the sag and muscle from Taz.  Please feel free to email if anymore questions and i can let you know as soon as I know.  Thanks,
[email protected] 

ECC

CAB said:

Just to let you know that as of today Stepping Stone Genetics will be carring semen on See-N-Starz this spring along with myself. 

ECC

CAB said:

just recieved the registration papers today for both the Maine and Simmi Association.  Let me know if you want to see them.

ECC

I thought I would let anyone know that had any interests I have heard of 3 calving reports.  The first one was born about a month ago out of the first cow bred (a maine x shorthorn cow from Guyers) to See-N-Starz.  It was 2 days overdue weighed 75 lbs, red with a white forehead, and a bull.  The second was 5 days over out of a Purebred Dream On Daughter solid black bull calf weighted 80 lbs.  I just was called today and was told that a angus based first calf heifer had a maybe on the heavy side 65 lb solid black calf.  They said that he was smaller than most of there PB Angus calves.
We should start having more out of him in about 10 days

ECC

Alpha said:
how many calves will you be calving out this spring to him

See-N-Starz naturally bred 21 cows last summer.  We sold about 400 units but I don't know how many were used.

DCC show cattle

Get us some pics of the calves he looks very promising and you bred on the right reasons!  (thumbsup) for breeding with logical thinking!

herefordfootball

Your bull looks great and like he could work in a variety of situations. I would love to see the calf pictures. The low birthweights on his calves so far, make him a pretty intriguing sire to use this year.

Alpha

hey ECC do you have any new reports on that stud of a bull you got and i hope you got some pictures to share with all of us now !!

ECC

Alpha said:
hey ECC do you have any new reports on that stud of a bull you got and i hope you got some pictures to share with all of us now !!

Well I have heard of a few success's but I don't have any pictures other than the ones I raised.  So far I have sold a heifer for 7500, a bull for 2500, and another bull 2000. We still have a few left here at home but we haven't weaned anything yet so we haven't been showing the steers to tomany people yet.  I'll work on pictures this week.  Thanks for the interest

WHLR SIMMENTALS

I have a SEE-N-STARZ Heifer calf that was borned on May 15th she was 70#. I will try to post some recent pictures of her. Sorry she is out of one of are cow and know there is no fancy blood line!The steer that we sold out of this cow won two reserve grand champion open shows. It doesn't always take a fancy blood line to have really nice show cattle. The heifer she had is really heavy muscled and big boned she will make a great heifer to add to are herd. Im pleased with her, she is growing fast and looks really good!

ECC

WHLR,  I've found that most times the best ones come out of "unknown" cow families so don't worry about that compared to mine and most of mine are that way too .  We have him used on a varity of pedigrees and breeds to see what he will do.  Also from what I have seen in my pasture and on a couple local guy's that these calves just keeping getting deeper bodied and heavier muscled as they get older.  I remember seeing your picture of yours that you posted a while back.  If you would like I can add her new picture to my website to maybe get you some more "hits" on her if you would like.  Also I know of a See-N-Starz that might be going into Guyer's appreciation sale.  She is out of the Nutt-Butt-Business baldy cow that was the cover picture on his 1st Chosen Few Sale.  Thanks again for everyone's interests.