SEE-N-STARZ

Help Support Steer Planet:

ECC

I realize it's getting late in the year but was I wondering if anyone would be interested in using a very new young bull?  He is a Star Power on Heat Wave's dam.  He had a birth weight of 85 lbs.  I am waiting on the blood tests but he should be genetically TH and PHA FREE.  I say young because he just turned a year old May 1st.  We started collecting him last week and are have great results so far.  He will be registered as a half blood Simmi and as a Mainetainer.  Feel free to let me know if you would like more info.

ECC

You can go to everhartshowcattle.com and see him on my home page.  I didn't post it because it is still being worked on. 

TJ

charlie said:
I would like to use him on some show heifers I have.

Star Power X Heat Waves dam, with a reported 85 lb. BW on "HEIFERS"?         

ECC

He is a Star Power on Heat Wave's dam.  He hasn't had time to bred heifers yet.  He just turned a year old last week.

OH Breeder

charlie said:
I would like to use him on some show heifers I have.

This guy could have alot to offer for mature cows. If you like taking them out the side or delivering uterus and calf together then use an unproven bull on heifers. Sorry for being a smart ass.

I would use something proven calving ease on heifers. I do like this bull he may offer some alternatives to what is out there. Cool to see how he comes along.

ECC

Stepping Stone Genetics will be handling semen for us this spring and we are finalizing things with SEK!!!

TMJ Show Cattle

Are there any semen available on this bull now? Has he been tested? Bull looks good in picture,seems to have a lot of hair also. Would like to see a picture of him[and others] on wash rack. Nice bull.

ECC

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Are there any semen available on this bull now? Has he been tested? Bull looks good in picture,seems to have a lot of hair also. Would like to see a picture of him[and others] on wash rack. Nice bull.

We do have semen available on him now.  You can either get it from me or through SEK or Stepping Stone Genetics.  I am going to pick him up Thursday from Genetic Connections in Ohio.  So if you want to meet to get semen and see the bull we can do that as well.  He has been tested for TH and PHA and he came back clean.  If you want check out my website at everhartshowcattle.com

TMJ Show Cattle

Wish you would get hooked up with TOP Sires,on this bull. We use them instead of SEK or Cattle Visions,because of locality only. We save over fifty dollars on shipping.We have a Heatwave/Draftpick cow and a Heatseeker/Meyers Blacktop cow that he should work on.The Heatwave actually milked good for a first calf heifer[not show heifer]. The Heatseeker/Meyers Blacktop milked like a holstein as a first calver last year.

OH Breeder

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Wish you would get hooked up with TOP Sires,on this bull. We use them instead of SEK or Cattle Visions,because of locality only. We save over fifty dollars on shipping.We have a Heatwave/Draftpick cow and a Heatseeker/Meyers Blacktop cow that he should work on.The Heatwave actually milked good for a first calf heifer[not show heifer]. The Heatseeker/Meyers Blacktop milked like a holstein as a first calver last year.

Wouldn't that be linebreeding a Heatwave HeatSeeker? Have you had luck with that?
Interesting.

ECC

Just sent you a PM about Top Sires.  If you only deal with them call early and place an order for him and we can get some sent to them.  Thanks for your interest.

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes,I suppose it is a form of linebreeding. I have done this befor with really good results.The resulting calves would have very little Heatwave blood to transfer,only from Waves mother.We don't do this often on clubby genetics,but on Angus, Shorthorn and Simmy's we do with good results.

ECC

I have sold several straws to guys this spring that are using him to Dream On daughters which would be a little less of a line breeding program but I think both should work. 

ECC

Just an update Stepping Stone and SEK still have semen avalible, but I only have a couple canes left for this breeding.  Let me know if anyone is interested.