Seen Blades of Glory?

Help Support Steer Planet:

austin

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
857
Location
Midwest
I haven't, but I have to get out and see it sometime. Will Ferell is probably my favorite actor right now--absolutely hilarious. The combination of him and Napoleon ( know his real name?) equates to a great movie.  Anybody seen it? 

bladesofglory.gif
 

OH Breeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
5,954
Location
Ada, Ohio
Saw it was hilarious, but they need to show less in the movie trailers. Good laugh. Ben Stiller is the producer.
 

austin

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
857
Location
Midwest
OH Breeder said:
Saw it was hilarious, but they need to show less in the movie trailers. Good laugh. Ben Stiller is the producer.
Good to hear! Thank goodness; I haven't seen any recent movie trailers so it should be new to me. Been so busy. I'm hoping for this weekend.  :p
 

jason

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
3,046
Location
Emporia, Kansas
Looks good, I thought the nascar movie with ferrell was pretty funny.  It just seems there hasn't been anything to watch lately at the theaters.
 

nysteerguy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
78
i have not watched BoG yet but I hear Will Ferell is working a basketball movie right now which could be hilarious.
 

genes

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
392
I do want to see it but I imagine I might just wait to rent.  Funny though what you say about what they show in the trailer.....I thought the first set of commercials they had out made it look not great but then the next ones made it look totally different.

I just saw a movie called "Fido" last night, and it was great.  It's zombie comedy  ;D  It's Canadian so I'm not totally sure if release dates in the States match up and everything, but if you happen across it, watch it.  Oh wait...good ole Wikipedia tells me it comes out in June for you. :)
 

red

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
7,850
Location
LaRue, Ohio
genes said:
I do want to see it but I imagine I might just wait to rent.   Funny though what you say about what they show in the trailer.....I thought the first set of commercials they had out made it look not great but then the next ones made it look totally different.

I just saw a movie called "Fido" last night, and it was great.  It's zombie comedy  ;D  It's Canadian so I'm not totally sure if release dates in the States match up and everything, but if you happen across it, watch it.  Oh wait...good ole Wikipedia tells me it comes out in June for you. :)

What is a Zombie movie? Like Walking Dead type of thing?

Red
 

genes

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
392
Well like walking dead without the "horror" aspect of it.  The premise is after defeating the Zombies they domesticate them and use them to do chores, deliver papers, factory work, etc.  It's set in an idyllic 50s neighbourhood.  When the family gets "Fido" the mother says...."There.  Now we're not the only ones on the block without one"  It's definitely an offbeat sense of humor.
 

cowz

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
1,492
I plan to go see that one.  I thought John Heder was hilarious as Napoleon Dynamite.  If you live in a small town or have gone to a small high school you have to rent that one.  My brother lives in Driggs, Idaho, close to where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed.  They did a great job of portraying "spudbillies" (potato town hicks) in that movie.  I will post a picture of what there is do in western Idaho...home of "Vote for Pedro" and the championship FFA milk tasting team. ;D
 

Attachments

  • Napoleon.jpg
    Napoleon.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 257
  • spud.jpg
    spud.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 234
  • spud2.bmp
    511.6 KB · Views: 254

shortyjock89

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
4,465
Location
IL
Anchorman and Napoleon Dynamite are my two favorite movies of all time (it's easy to tell im only 18).  So, of course I loved Blades of Glory.  It's just the pointless humor that I love.  It is simply amazing.  I think if I watched it at 3 a.m. after a two-liter of Mt. Dew, I would pass out from laughing so much.  And I want to see that Zombie movie...It seems funny..in a creepy, "twilight zone" kinda way haha.  This is the only cattle board where the names Will Ferrell and John Heder come up lol!  (pop)  (lol)
 

austin

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
857
Location
Midwest
nysteerguy said:
i have not watched BoG yet but I hear Will Ferell is working a basketball movie right now which could be hilarious.

Cool. I haven't heard that! Anything with him seems to be >> (lol)
 

austin

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
857
Location
Midwest
genes said:
I do want to see it but I imagine I might just wait to rent.   Funny though what you say about what they show in the trailer.....I thought the first set of commercials they had out made it look not great but then the next ones made it look totally different.

I just saw a movie called "Fido" last night, and it was great.  It's zombie comedy  ;D  It's Canadian so I'm not totally sure if release dates in the States match up and everything, but if you happen across it, watch it.  Oh wait...good ole Wikipedia tells me it comes out in June for you. :)
Zombie comedy? That does sound interesting- dang US--get with the program.  ;D
 

austin

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
857
Location
Midwest
shortyjock89 said:
Anchorman and Napoleon Dynamite are my two favorite movies of all time (it's easy to tell im only 18).  So, of course I loved Blades of Glory.  It's just the pointless humor that I love.  It is simply amazing.  I think if I watched it at 3 a.m. after a two-liter of Mt. Dew, I would pass out from laughing so much.  And I want to see that Zombie movie...It seems funny..in a creepy, "twilight zone" kinda way haha.  This is the only cattle board where the names Will Ferrell and John Heder come up lol!  (pop)   (lol)

Thanks for input. I watch all those movies frequently. I have to see Blades of Glory now. NO question.  (pop) (pop)

Favorite movie of all time---Dumb and Dumber

 

Attachments

  • dumb_dumber.jpg
    dumb_dumber.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 243
Top