Selling a flush...what to charge?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Rockefeller

I have a guy who is wanting to flush a cow of mine.  She is no former national champion by any means but she has a lot of cow power in her pedigree.  She's put some good ones on the ground.  I have flushed her once myself and got 16 grade 1 eggs out of her.  What is the going rate for someone to flush in a situation like this?  Not sure what to charge for this?  Thanks

OH Breeder

I have done flushes with a few people. In a situation like this, I have paid for all the flush expenses and split the eggs from the  flush with the owner. The owner pays for nothing and gets eggs.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I have done what the OHIO BREEDER has done an has worked ,if the bull they choose is satiafactory an helps both parties . You have part of the battle won also where she has already had a successful flush ,I do protect my customers if it happens to be a bust or real small flush, usually give them a few other eggs  or take the responsibility of makinf it work .  Had a friend flush a cow to SIMPLE MATH an only got 2 eggs an I happened to have a couple  cows  there that were ready to put eggs in an did an then gave friend opportunity to buy cows or  just pass on it .  Got two great calves ....