Selling in Denver is it worth it ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Richnm

Anyone sold in Denver before ? I have an EXT x VAR Power Play heifer , and a  bull calf I would like to sell. The bull calf weaned at 1017 pounds . Here is a pic of the bull calf at 6 months  Do the animals have to be holter broke? What does it cost to sell? What expenses are there?  How would I get in etc ? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200719_195736.jpg
    20200719_195736.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 360

mark tenenbaum

Calf looks like a tank-If angus are anything like the rest of the breeds-They need to be in show rig halter broke etc to go to Denver-And up to the last miilesecond poitically correct breeding-He looks like one that would work in Montana or somewhere O0

Richnm

Meant where in Montana ? Which sale?Lmao . Irony is I am in New Mexico and people are surprised at my English.

Gargan

Does New Mexico have a beef expo that has breed sales? Idk about nwss but at Louisville,  you have to have a female to sell if you have a bull you want to consign. Not sure if that's the case or not at denver

WinterSpringsFarm

At Fort Worth they need to be halter broke.  And the commission is plenty high IMO.  So unless you think he will sell really high, it isn't worth it for a 5k animal.

WinterSpringsFarm

Richnm said:
5k in cost to sell?

No.  If the bull is only going to sell for 5k it won't be worth it for you to take him to FWSS, Denver or others.  It just costs to much to sell at those places.  IMO those sales are for all the syndicated inflated numbers type animals.

KSanburg

Black hills stock show in Rapid City, South Dakota is an option, the NILE in Billings has been cancelled and at the moment there is no information about NWSS  and rather it will take place. But come November 4th Covid-19 will disappear and we can get back to living.

CAB

JMO so take it with a grain of salt. If you want to sell your bull at a livestock exposition it looks like the Arizona National may your best option. You'll send quite a bit of money transporting your bull to some of the other locations. Too far from your home. I think your bull is a very good commercial bull but doesn't really have the look to bring bonus money at one of the mentioned sales. Good luck with him.