Semen Sites

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I was doing some looking this morning for bull semen.I noticed that www.cattlevisions.com has a format that you can select a breed, put in desired EPD's & it will bring up potential bulls. You can also search based on PHA/TH criteria, although it is not very up to date. You can look up specific bulls too.
Another great semen site is www.sekgenetics.com or Genetic Horizons.  Dr Don Coover has been really instrumental in getting PHA/TH results & information out to the breeders. This is another really good source of information.
Not wanting to leave anyone out, but just thought these were two good sites for information. Anyone else want to add some choices?
Red

red

also www.topsires.com has some February specials. I know they delivery to the Ohio Beef Expo.
SEK/Genetic Horizons will also be there.

Red (cow)

Joe Boy

I had one emailed to me today and there was no meantiion of PHA or TH...... wonder why?

red

Joe Boy said:
I had one emailed to me today and there was no meantiion of PHA or TH...... wonder why?

I was surprised that the TN Chi's didn't mention them either. Same marketing company doing their sale as Ohio's.

Red

DL

Last year Dr Don Coover of SEK Genetic Horizons spent his own money and stuck his neck way out by TH testing and reporting on bull he sells semen on. That takes **** if that is how you make your money!! This year he and Dr B got together and tried to have all the potential carriers and polular sires tested for both THa nd PHA prior to publishing his 2007 semen catalog. He updates his list on the web regularly. He is the ONLY individual who sells semen who has done this. IMHO there is really no other place to buy semen. Here is a guy who stepped up to the plate no matter the consequences to his own business. Good guy of the year award to Dr Coover!!  (Award consists of cow (cow) , dog (dog) and our undying devotion  :D!!

DL

red

Not only that but I found that at Louisville he was willing to spend a great deal  of time w/ me just talking about the tests, his thoughts & bulls. Not too many people out the like that!
I really found him to be extremely knowledgable & concerned about the industry!

Red (welcome)

Joe Boy

He will also sell you any number of straws and you do not have to buy 10 at a time.....

Good people and when I told them that I appreciated his testing, honesty and sacrifice;  I was told, "Thanks but no everyone shares your thoughts." 

Truly a man and a company with the best interest of the cow and calf owners. (clapping)