Semen - Weebollabolla Theodore T85

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

uluru said:
itk
what is 844's full name?
I think he is talking about DFS Red Riders Drive 844 . Go to Aergerter Marketing Services website for to see a picture, under semen/embryo's heading. You can get there thru shorthorn.org,breeders link.

justintime

Bob..... I am getting into this discussion late as I have been away for a few days to a cattle sale. There is Theodore semen in Canada and it is stored at Alta Genetics. There is also Royalla Dollars semen there. Dollars sired the Marellan Ferrari bull that was Supreme over all breeds at the big Sydney show a couple of years ago. In talking with the Jobs, they feel Theodore may be the most influential sire they have ever used. From how they can sell his offspring in Australia, other cattlemen must feel the same. I believe they have sold several hundred sons of him for over a $7000 average.
    I have had good reports and bad reports on his progeny here in N. America. His calves may not fit the American show scene as good as some others but that does not say they are not good useable cattle. I used him a bit last spring and will have a few calves in late Feb. I figured the best way to find out about the bull was to use  him myself and compare them to the calves from other sires we use. I used the Dollars bull a couple years ago and I really liked the few calves I had. I also flushed a couple cows to him and planned to put some in for myself, but the embryos all sold to Scotland.
    To order semen from Theodore, you have to contact Marellan directly. They have a bank account in Texas that you send the payment to, and they release the semen. Last time I checked there was a good supply there on Theo but the Dollars semen was getting low( thye did not send much of the Dollars to Canada)

itk

Comparing North American and Australian cattle prices is apples and oranges. Half of our National Champion bulls sell for under $7,000. I remember when Red Cloud sons were selling for $20,000+ in Australia while Harold was selling his RC sons for $1,800 back here in Kansas. A good commercial bull in Australia will sell for 5,6, or 7 thousand dollars while good commercial bulls sell for $2,500 tops in my area. However this shows there is demand for Theo genetics so if you feel confident you can export embryos he might be worth a try.

Latest posts