Senior Picture setups

Help Support Steer Planet:

nlgriff

Has anyone ever seen or done some of their senior pictures with their show calves?  I am trying to figure out some different setups or poses.  Any advice or different setups would be greatly appreciated.  I am pretty much drawing blanks for some good ideas. Thanks!

showstud

Try putting a bail of hay in front of one of your fences and tie your calves to the other side of the fence, then sit on the hay and take the picture. You can go the same thing and put any ribbions and trophys that you have won on with hay with you.

garett

Or maybe get somewhere where there is some nice green grass, possibly your yard and try kneeling down and have them right beside you nibbling grass or something like that. Im getting mine done sometime soon and thats what Ive pictured doing.. If you think of anything else be sure to let me know. haha

jason

My brother did way back when, it looks like it turned out pretty good.

He was standing out in the pasture, holding the halter, with the front of the cow facing the camera, not a side shot.  It was also a real close shot.

FXDS

If you use one of the professional cattle photograohers for your cattle have them do the senior pictures as well.  We have had people use our cattle in the past for pictures and our oldest son will be a senior this falll and we plan on having his done with cattle.  We will have Darla take his pics.

Ohioteerchick

i seen two really nice pics taken once,
one was a girl who was walking her steer and the sun was going down so it looked like they were walking into the sunset

another was a girl had her head on the steers head and it was taken in black and white, they looked really neat