Senior Roho

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

I do not know if many of you remember my Lifeline bull born the last day of 2006.  I named him Senior Roho.  Today was a very windy day, so I decided I would put him in the chute and clip his head and see how he looked.  I put him in the chute, washed him a little, and clipped his head.  I did not use a halter or nose clamp.  I just clipped him and he was super to work with.  He jerked his head twice.  If I got down on my knees to clip under his chin he would lower his head.  I gently pushed his head one way and then the other and clipped his head in just a little bit with my sheep shearing clippers.  What a lovely guy he is to work with.  I washed him some and let him go.  I plan to wash him really well on Saturday and get a picture.  

Here is his baby picture and weaning picture.

Attachments

• Lifeline's calf.jpg
    Lifeline's calf.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Lifeline's calf 001.jpg
    Lifeline's calf 001.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 313

Joe Boy

He is a Lifeline sired bull from a Jazz daughter.

The maternal granddam is a FB.

You can look him up by looking at his registration # 373477. 

He is thick and very gentle.

When we weaned him, we left him on pasture with the rest of the cows until mid-September when we put him on feed.

I hope to make a photo of him this next week.

Thanks for asking.

Telos

Joe Boy, I really like him. Putting two of Habanero's best sons in one pedigree is really interesting. The Danaro bred fullblood grand damm has a super pedigree, and an outcross to most of population. What are your plains with him?

Joe Boy

I wanted to show him at Fort Worth, but have not broke him to lead and cannot by myself.

I have washed him twice and he likes it.  Should have washed him today, since it got to 95 and southwest winds at 34.  We set a record  high today.

I am probably going to sell him.  I have had two people to tell me to name my price and I have never done that.  The shorthorn guy wants him because he is PHA and TH FREE and his cattle are carriers.

He has the disposition that he would be like my puppy dog if I just would pet him and scratch him every day.  I have often done heifers that way but can't do that with bulls.

Thanks for asking.