*********Server has BEEN UPGRADED - 11/20 ***********

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

We are moving to a new server on this coming Sunday Night, 10/24.  I will start working on it around 10:00 pm central, but the planet won't go down until around midnight.  Everything should be up and running by Monday morning, if you experience issues, give it some time for the new name servers to propagate across the internet.

I will be also addressing some maintenance issues also. 

This change should address any slowness experienced as a result of our current provider throttling our resources.  It will also give me more flexibility in the future to better serve everyone. 

stress-registry-pc-computer-error.jpg

firesweepranch

Is that why I have had problems getting on all day today? My Internet is fine (been watching a goat auction), and get all of my pages to load fine except steer planet! Having withdraws....  :eek:

jason

firesweepranch said:
Is that why I have had problems getting on all day today? My Internet is fine (been watching a goat auction), and get all of my pages to load fine except steer planet! Having withdraws....  :eek:

Yep that is the reason, how to got a little bit more server than I thought we needed, but we were constantly crashing today.  The real test will be Monday to see if she can handle it.

firesweepranch

Just a random question, but did the jpg's not follow the switch? Seems like the stuff that has a pic gives a 404 error. Thought you might want to know...

jason

firesweepranch said:
Just a random question, but did the jpg's not follow the switch? Seems like the stuff that has a pic gives a 404 error. Thought you might want to know...

Yeah, directory structure changed just a bit, everything should change over fairly quick.

showcattlegal

i know you just changes servers, but i can't get to the email page is this going to be fixed soon or do i need to do something different?

thanks
Lacey

jason

showcattlegal said:
i know you just changes servers, but i can't get to the email page is this going to be fixed soon or do i need to do something different?

thanks
Lacey

pm your username and pass and I will set you up on the new server.

firesweepranch

OK, I'll bite. What is the special thanks for above? What did they do? I'm assuming something with the server switch???

jason

firesweepranch said:
OK, I'll bite. What is the special thanks for above? What did they do? I'm assuming something with the server switch???

They helped move the last months of classifieds into categories.

RAShower

Jason said:
Torch said:
As things shake out, any idea when the blogs will be up?

Should be late this evening or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the work you are doing to get the site moved to it's new home. And I second the call to transfer the blogs.

And while you're at it could you add SD's blog back to the menu?

Thanks. (clapping)