Setting the record straight

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Setting the record straight:

I’m really sorry how things have gotten out of hand. It was never my intentions for people to feel they have to pick sides. In my opinion, there are no sides. There is no right or wrong. I just think there are hurt feelings & some misunderstanding from all.
I never pulled, deleted or locked a thread unless it was obscene. Too be honest, I didn’t even read the Oxymoron posts. Rowe’s are good friends of mine & partners & I didn’t feel it was my place to get involved. I did not lock the thread nor did I delete it. That’s all I’m going to say about that subject.
I’m sorry that people have been threatened & friendships lost over something as silly as a cattle board. I know when I was threatened several months ago it upset me deeply. It bothered me so much that I took some time off from the boards. When I came back & got a life as it was suggested to me, I took a lesser role. Stress is not good for my health & I eliminate things that cause me stress. I am also very busy right now and that is one of the primary reasons for me resigning.
I am sorry that the admin did not follow up w/ DL on pulling her as a moderator. That was not my decision. The admin guys own the board so to make someone else an administrator they would have to start their own board or buy this one. The admin must have felt there was a valid reason for their choice & I abide by it. If they own it, they can do as they see fit. I do agree that it should have been discussed w/ her.
I hope that sides are not being chosen based on me against anyone. I have no bad feelings for anyone. I do regret that I may have lost several friends. Maybe time will heal wounds.
Please, keep posting & keep the good topics going. This board is not based on one or two topics only but many wonderful ones. It’s made up of all kinds of people from all over. I hate to see it end. I've made some life time friends here & also many great contacts. The board is not one or two people but a mixture of us all.
As always,
Red

TJ

red said:
Setting the record straight:

I’m really sorry how things have gotten out of hand. It was never my intentions for people to feel they have to pick sides. In my opinion, there are no sides. There is no right or wrong. I just think there are hurt feelings & some misunderstanding from all.
I never pulled, deleted or locked a thread unless it was obscene. Too be honest, I didn’t even read the Oxymoron posts. Rowe’s are good friends of mine & partners & I didn’t feel it was my place to get involved. I did not lock the thread nor did I delete it. That’s all I’m going to say about that subject.
I’m sorry that people have been threatened & friendships lost over something as silly as a cattle board. I know when I was threatened several months ago it upset me deeply. It bothered me so much that I took some time off from the boards. When I came back & got a life as it was suggested to me, I took a lesser role. Stress is not good for my health & I eliminate things that cause me stress. I am also very busy right now and that is one of the primary reasons for me resigning.
I am sorry that the admin did not follow up w/ DL on pulling her as a moderator. That was not my decision. The admin guys own the board so to make someone else an administrator they would have to start their own board or buy this one. The admin must have felt there was a valid reason for their choice & I abide by it. If they own it, they can do as they see fit. I do agree that it should have been discussed w/ her.
I hope that sides are not being chosen based on me against anyone. I have no bad feelings for anyone. I do regret that I may have lost several friends. Maybe time will heal wounds.
Please, keep posting & keep the good topics going. This board is not based on one or two topics only but many wonderful ones. It’s made up of all kinds of people from all over. I hate to see it end. I've made some life time friends here & also many great contacts. The board is not one or two people but a mixture of us all.
As always,
Red

I don't know for sure exactly what is going on/has gone on, but I can say this with 100% certainty...

Red, you are, & have been, nothing but class!  Hope that you continue to post!!            

CAB

Ditto to what TJ said, and I'm sure that we hopefully haven't heard the last from anyone on this board. It has won me over to the first board of the day as soon as I can get to it every day. The thing that I love most about this board is that there are without a doubt many, many very smart people who know alot about a wide variety of subjects. It has just the right mix of people that make for a well rounded discussion. That's enough, let's get bck to whatever turns people on in their part of the world, please.

shortdawg

I can honestly say that there isn't anyone on this board that I don't like. I consider everyone on here my friends and value each opinion whether I agree with it or not. I think this is the best board out and enjoy visiting it every day.

red

I was hoping to put this behind us but sometimes people don't want to let go. I got an interesting PM from someone that was upset w/ me. They accused me of not being honest about several things. I guess I just assume a lot & forgot who I talk to or who is aware of things.
1. Yes, We are a part of the Gold Club syndicate w/ Gene Rowe. We don't own any of the bull but a % of his semen. I thought that was fairly well known. Yes, Gold Club is a PHA carrier & it was listed in Gene's catalog last year as such.
2.  My stance on defects. I thought I had been clear on this but from the PM guess not. At first I was for no carriers. Over time I have tested my cattle & have found several carriers. I have also used carrier bulls. I believe in testing cattle. I believe in informing potential buyers about their status. I want clean cattle but I can't afford at this time to ship my carriers off. I hope to eliminate them by using only clean bulls in the future & replacing them w/ clean offspring. I discuss w/ potential buyers what the defects are & make sure they understand the consequences. I think each person needs to do what is right for them. A blanket statement will not work for all.
3. I did sell a carrier heifer before the test was available. I am working w/ him on a clean heifer at a substantial discount.
4. I will repeat, I did not pull, modify, lock, delete or do anything to the Oxymoron post. Matter of fact I hardly read it. If you don't believe me then I'm sorry for that.
In regards to the other comments & accusations that were mentioned in the message, I'm not even going to reply to them. I am satisfied w/ my actions. My health & my family's happiness comes first. I stated those before as reasons for resigning as a moderator. I will continue to be a part of the board. How much time I spend on it is up to what the day provides. I'm through w/ this topic & this will hopefully clear up any misunderstandings, although I doubt it.
As I said before; Trust & believe in the Lord.
Red

fluffer

I have stayed out of this debate until now- and the only reason I am getting involved is because I think it is crappy that someone resorts to personally attacking red.  I do not keep up on the TH PHA issue because we have mutt cows and some Gelbvieh's.  So far, the breeds we use don't have any defects. BUT, I would like to point out that this discussion is a little bit like voting for a president.  We all have our different beliefs and values and choose to vote for the candidate that is most in line with our thoughts.  In the end though, it may work out our candidate wins or they may loose.  But either way we are not all happy with outcome.  You have to do what you have to do.  It is the same with religion, smoking, drinking, etc.  To each their own.  There are bulls in the Gelbvieh breed that I will not use because they are cow killers, or their milk EPD is REDICULOUS, but others use those bulls because they sire all the champions- In my mind it is NUTS, and I think they are taking the breed in the wrong direction, but we are all still friends and I just use the genetics I believe in.  If they don't win shows but make good mommas that I fine with me.
My point is this- I feel very bad for Red, Cowz and DL among others.  I would like to think that the words that you see here will not necessarily change someones view on TH and PHA, but change their opinion on other peoples personal opinions. 
This is such a great site, with such nice people and such helpful advice.  I view everyone as my friend here, and I guess if you can't play nice you should move on.  This is a place for friends and fun.
RED- You have my support 100% (hope I can make it to the NAILE to meet you face to face and HAPPY B DAY)
Thank you all for your time to read this.
Fluffer

red

Thank you Fluffer! Also thanks for the correction on Gelbviehs! I tend to shorten stuff up sometimes & just don't get it right.
It's always funny how people can read what they want to from a post. I'm amazed that more wars haven't been started from misread e-mails.
Also thank you DL for the b-day wish. I realize you didn't send me the PM.

Red

knabe

I'm amazed that more wars haven't been started from misread e-mails.

and just to be knabe,

hitler understood chamberlain, but chamberlain didn't understand hitler.  churchill and hitler understood each other very well and there was a war.  WWII was not about misunderstanding.  all the parties understood each other very well and no dialogue was going to stop it.  stalin was probably the most paranoid human in history, but he believed one of history's greatest liers, hitler.  it's amazing humanities penchant for what we fear the most.

Jill

This is going to be a good day, Knabe wrote a response I actually understood.  (clapping)

knabe

dang, i misspelled humanity's, dang, kinda takes the zing out.

so first telos, now jill.  2 out of 1000 posts, what a record!  writing skills progress is slow, but advancing.

red

Oh Knabe, you always find a way to bring a smile to my face. although I don't think anything can top your slinging hash remarks.  ::)

Red

Tx Black Steer

First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Red!  I also want to thank you for all you have done here.  You are always upbeat and I always enjoy reading your post.  I agree with most of your ideas, but if I didn't I know you would not be rude or talk down to me about it.  Thank you for making this a fun place and please don't stop posting here.  Your one of the good ones!

Joe Boy

One of the things that stands out about the birthday girl is the ability that she and her husband, Mark both have.  They have faced many set-backs and difficulties and marched on to higher ground.  They serve as an example to us all.  Many people let illnesses, troubles and heartaches to cause them to continue life in the  handicapped lane.  Not our Red and her fine husband.  They have stick-to-it-ive-ness.  They have continued to be successful and meet set backs with renewed zeal because of their faith.  All of us are glad you are on this board.