sexed "F" Red Angus semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Was wanting to know PPL's thoughts on the best sexed Red Angus heifer semen available for use on virgin heifers. The one that I am considering right now is Feddes Big Sky, but wanting to find some other options.

LIMO

I have used some of the HXC Jackhammer semen.  I do not have the calves on the ground yet, but it worked okay for conception.

CAB

Limo who handles the HXC Jachammer bull?

Hereford I'm not seeing that the Conquest bull has "F" sexed semen available. Did you used sexed semen?

hereford

If you go to accelgen.com and clic on their BEEF dropdown box, clic on Acc-SS semen link. He is one of the two red Angus bulls with Female available.

squirt71

We used HXC Conquest, didn't get sexed semen though.  His calves look good, but they aren't the standouts.

SEA

CAB said:
Was wanting to know PPL's thoughts on the best sexed Red Angus heifer semen available for use on virgin heifers. The one that I am considering right now is Feddes Big Sky, but wanting to find some other options.

Feddes Big Sky R9 is who I am trying for the same reason this year (already have the semen ordered). 

CRI Genex carries the female sexed semen.

He is a Bieber Make Mimi 7249 x Leachman Grand Canyon Cow.  Mature Hip Height 5.7

EPD's:  *  CED - 11.0,  *  BW -  -3.6,  *  WW - 33,  *  YW - 56,  *  Milk - 32.

GenChoice Female Semen Price:
    75% -  $25/unit
    90% -  $40/unit

LIMO

CAB said:
Limo who handles the HXC Jachammer bull?

Hereford I'm not seeing that the Conquest bull has "F" sexed semen available. Did you used sexed semen?

ABS had the semen.  They did not have much of it when I ordered it about 6 months ago.