Sexed Semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

well, I guess there isn't a single bull in the entire beef industry with sexed semen available....  Sure figured there would be atleast one with all this talk about using it.

Gargan

this would be a very helpful resource Jody. IDk anything about shorthorns but ive heard of a few bulls that has sexed semen. trifecta, in dew time, net worth, upgrade, and grizzley are a few that i remember seeing breds ai'd to this past fall that were sexed female.. hopefully others will add to the list

Till-Hill

Well today what I got in the tank sexed is for female 90% worldwide herf, encore simmy, explorer simmy, unique simmy, right answer angus, selective angus, capiche shorty and grizzly in male. There are alot of choices out there tho.

Angus2131

A lot of places are going to start to do away with sexed semen. This is coming from the guys that AI. There isn't a huge demand for it as they thought it would be and it's still not 100%. Who knows it maybe just all talk too. I know you don't do Angus but if you want a few I'll list them.

linnettejane

theres a couple shorty bulls listed having sexed semen in the new directory you should have gotten in the mail...well...if you subscibe to the country

hereford

Angus2131 said:
A lot of places are going to start to do away with sexed semen. This is coming from the guys that AI. There isn't a huge demand for it as they thought it would be and it's still not 100%. Who knows it maybe just all talk too. I know you don't do Angus but if you want a few I'll list them.

Where did you hear this? Sexed semen has been increasing in usage since its inseption and is not slowing down at all. It will never be 100%. Nothing ever is. However, even at 90%, there are still far more economic insentives to use it in many different beef production scenarios. With pretty much the entire south starrting to rebuild their numbers, sexed semen is growing in popularity pretty fast.