Shag

Help Support Steer Planet:

Brent

Is shag safe to use on pregnant heifers? If not what what hair growth product is safe to use on a bred heifer?

dhs

Yes, Shag is safe to use on bred heifers, we have been using it for a few years now and have never had any ill-effects.

BCCC

I had a set of twins last year, I fed one Shag, and one Epic. I let them both complelty slick out, and then started feeding it(about the end of june)You could see a difference in hair quality and amount of hair on the heifer on epic within 20 days, and by 45 days she had hair that I had to use a skip tooth comb on. While by 45 days with the shag I was just starting to see the same results that I was seeing with epic at 20 days.

Both the heifers were bred, and they both calved just fine and are now re-bred.
Also the heifers were just in a lean-to with two fans.

shortyjock89

Since EPIC doesn't have Melatonin in it, could you use it with melatonin implants?

herefordfootball

CCCattleco5 said:
Does that stuff work?

Its kept hair for us this summer, we started feeding it end of april and just run a couple fans. But I havent used epic and BCCC has so I would go with his results over ours. I glad someone finally compared the two with the same variables. I think I might look into some epic myself!!  (thumbsup)

Chris