Shaving cream or styling mousse?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

They are pretty much the exact same thing, one just has a nice pretty bottle and costs a lot more.  (lol) O0

garett

Id go for the shaving cream.
Im pretty sure I get the barbasol and it costs like$1 compared to the $6-$8 of the styling mousse.

Oh and my name is Cole too. haha Nice to meet you.

dutch pride

We used Barbasol shaving cream for the first time this year at out fair and loved it. Seemed to hold better.

Doug

HeiferShower14

ok when should i put the cream in? should i pink oil then foam then final bloom or wat should i do??

justme

If you can find it...use the orange label colgate shaving cream.  Its hard to find at times but its the best.  I would put the cream in first, blow it, do your fitting, then final bloom at the end and blow  blow blow
More you blow the more the hair will pop

HeiferShower14

so just rub it in then blow it then fit. when u mean fit are u saying adesive? or just pink oil and all that jazz?

KCK

HeiferShower14 said:
so just rub it in then blow it then fit. when u mean fit are u saying adesive? or just pink oil and all that jazz?

I would warn about using too much product, too. Don't put any foam on the legs, as it will change the way the adhesive works. Put it all over the body, use a plastic scrub brush or rice root brush and brush it in well and blow. Then start fitting with your adhesive and all that, while someone runs a blower the whole time on the hair (as long as it isn't getting in the way with the fitting...) The put on a little Pink Oil or Final Bloom- JUST ONE- and blow some more.

As with human hair, too much product will look oily and nasty. Use caution and just apply lightly. You can always apply more, you just can't take it out:]

chambero

Unless its really coarse hair, I like using foam the day before the show.  Rinse on show day and there is just enough residue left to really help pop.

KCK

Yes. It will still work. In that case, you may put it on the legs and work it the same way and it will look sort of fit up.

OH Breeder

Apply the shaving cream to a brush and brush forward. If you have a plastic brush that straps on your hand or a wash brush it works well to put the shaving cream on with it. Brush forward. Then blow it out. It iwll give some set to the hair. Pink oil would use at the last minute and blow in.