Shortdawg firestorm pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Shortdawg sent me this picture from GA. Keep praying for rain for them!

Red

Attachments

• firestorm[1].JPG
    firestorm[1].JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 336

cowz

Shortdawg,

How close is that to your place????  My prayers are with you.  We lived in the Dakotas when Yellowstone Park was on fire.  It is a very creepy, scary feeling when the sky is orange day and night.

Right now I have some mud I would love to share with you.    But I feel your pain.  In 2002,2003 and 2004 we had a devastating drought here.  In 2002, if we heard a fire engine, we would follow it to make sure our own houses were not on fire.   

Keep us posted!

shortdawg

This particular pic was about 30 miles from my place , but most of the fires were between 40 and 60 miles away. This pic is like a tornado within a fire caused by an updraft or something like that. The fire that sparked yesterday was about 10 miles from our place and burned 500 acres before they got it under control. The Ware and Atkinson county fires have torched about 100,000 acres and almost burned up their High School. It's amazing how dry it is here and how low the humidity is. We have humidity in the 80-90% range much of the year but it has been in the 20-30% range much of the year. We are not far from the Gulf of Mexico which usually gives us the humidity and rain but the humidity in Panama City, FL was 22% today - ON THE BEACH !

stick

shortdawg, Hope the fires stay away and you stay safe. We had 5 inches of rain up here Saturday night. Seeing wet spots in fields that I forgot were there. If you want to remember the year, Firestorm would be a good name for a bull. How'd the New Horizon heifer develop?

shortdawg

She developed into a real nice cow prospect and was super gentle. I sold her along with three other heifers a few weeks ago to a guy near me that is starting his own herd.