Shorthorn Angus x- and Money man calf pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

thepoorfarm

The 1st is a  English F1 heifer . Shorthorn Dam, Angus sire. The others are of our Money man heifer she was born sept 2007...she is out of a angus x dam. The first are when she was born the others are more recent, I ve seen lots of money man pics ....hope they are all turning out good for everyone...we like ours and would not hesitate to use him again. Her BW was 75lbs/ slight assist.

Attachments

• TPF Roma Rose.jpg
    TPF Roma Rose.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 442
  • Atty Money man Sept 2007.jpg
    Atty Money man Sept 2007.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 451
  • TPF AttyTude Majors Money Man.jpg
    TPF AttyTude Majors Money Man.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 433
  • Atty Hind view March 2008.jpg
    Atty Hind view March 2008.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 452
  • TPF Atty Money man April.jpg
    TPF Atty Money man April.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 430

red

you can see the similarity in the Money Man calves by there faces. Ours has such a pretty face. Very feminine. Going to use him on 3 cows this year. Rose & 2 of her daughters that are full sibs.

Red

very nice pictures too!

shortyjock89

Nice calves, thanks for posting pics.  I'm really getting excited about breeding a couple heifers to Money Man now.  I've heard a bunch of good reports, and your calf is another tally in the "OH YEAH" column lol. 
What's the momma's breeding on that Shorthorn/Angus heifer?  Are you showing these heifers now?
(clapping)

thepoorfarm

The Shorthorn Angus cross ...the Dam is DMS Elizabeth from Diamond M shorthorns,  she was an old show heifer. Love her......she has such a good personality, we use her to teach new kids how to show and clip, wouldn't hurt a fly, wish I had more of her! out of TMG Foundation (herd sire) the sire is our Angus Bull and is actually the Grand sire to the Money Man heifer as well. We left that bull down in Fla , I miss him! He puts a good temperament on them, lots of style and femininity, along with calving ease . We went to an all AI program when we moved. Love the Shorthorn Angus cross though!

Attachments

• DMS Lizzy.jpg
    DMS Lizzy.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 429

thepoorfarm

and sorry ...yes both heifers are being shown now, the Sh/An is 18 m old and is due to calve in Oct to All About You, both are doing very well.  (clapping)

shortyjock89

Nice cow! Both calves that we have gotten from Diamond M have been very docile and easy to work with.  We broke our bull from them in about a day. 

Shorthorn_Junkie

thepoorfarm said:
The Shorthorn Angus cross ...the Dam is DMS Elizabeth from Diamond M shorthorns,  she was an old show heifer. Love her......she has such a good personality, we use her to teach new kids how to show and clip, wouldn't hurt a fly, wish I had more of her! out of TMG Foundation (herd sire) the sire is our Angus Bull and is actually the Grand sire to the Money Man heifer as well. We left that bull down in Fla , I miss him! He puts a good temperament on them, lots of style and femininity, along with calving ease . We went to an all AI program when we moved. Love the Shorthorn Angus cross though!

I really like the DMS Elizabeth cow. 

Thanks for sharing. :)

OH Breeder

thepoorfarm said:

May I ask why you didn't breed her back Shorthorn. I really like this cow. Nice body depth rib etc.

thepoorfarm

The DMS Elizabeth cow , she is now bred back to DF Casper 236 ( a Trump son), she did not have a calf last season as we were in the middle of the move and got our breeding season messed up, I figured one years loss was better than being messed up time wise for a long time. We bred her the first time to our Angus sire , because my husband was still not sold on Shorthorns.....he is now  ;D. The The first  heifer shown at the beginning of this post is her first calf, You are right she has lots of capacity, depth, style and she put that on her calf...we are eager for our first shorthorn baby to hit the ground! She is due the first week of Oct. We will keep everyone posted (no pun intended , lol)

red

Here are my Money Man calves.
The first one is a bull calf out of a gold Club x Rose cow
The second is both my Hard Core & Rose's Money Man heifer
The third is just a funny picture of Rose enjoying herself  :D

Red

Attachments

• 100_1968.jpg
    100_1968.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_1960.jpg
    100_1960.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 100_1961.jpg
    100_1961.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 302

thepoorfarm

those Money Man calves sure are nice....I wished knowing what I know now, that we had used him again in this years calves....but i guess thats all part of the fun!

Latest posts