Shorthorn Breeding

Help Support Steer Planet:

C

cedarcurve

As a "C" person, looking into an "A" and "B" conversation, I think perhaps you have confused the difference of herd sires being able to produce good offspring of both sexes- in terms of being able to sire both good daughters and herd bull sons; as compared to good daughters and good show steers with the crazy club calf thickness and look. 

To the best of my knowledge, none of the bulls or bloodlines mentioned, are show steer producers- but the O.P. is.

mark tenenbaum

Another test of a good young bull is how his progeny produce-FreeForAll(Buddy Loves clean bro)  worked well for me both ways:even thoughIm not in the better than thow secret society of magnificent individuals,,-and hes clean. After weaning and yearling pics of a son out of 1 of my Cumberland doner-he turned 2 in Feb 2012 and has 25 on the ground in Iowa-and 20 more coming this fall i n Texas-and 22 (hopefully due to the heat)that he bred this spring in Iowa The calves have all come very small-the cell pics below show a couple of them very young.A FEW Others:-Bonnels Red Storm bull (DFS RED Ryderxvortecx double stuff) Gb Daybreak Express-OUTCROSS ,easy calving,grow,and THICK,HC Touchdown -hit or miss-need to be pretty clubby,ALM SURF,CF Prosper (Purdue Guy on SP), STREAMS ABSOLUT-ONE of the best Shorthorns Ive ever seen at Denver,-he also had some performanceand- clean, ROCK And Roll Train-VERY small bws-use on biggger cows,or hiefers,AHL Lucky Ralph-on cows with KABA blood,Tiger Woods-ON easy calving genetics ONLY, Exile-for the reasons discussed,GKB Just rite MA-if you can get the semen. O0

Attachments

• roan top fuel.jpg
    roan top fuel.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 319
  • top fuel bull caf.jpg
    top fuel bull caf.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 291
  • TOP FUEL HISSELF.jpg
    TOP FUEL HISSELF.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 1130101034  free  for all  cumberland.jpg
    1130101034 free for all cumberland.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 258

RyanChandler

sjcattleco said:
-XBAR- said:
There's not a bull out there that will throw clubby bull calves as well as the femininity needed in females to produce functional brood cows.   

The characteristics are antagonistic by nature. 

You could not be any more incorrect if you tried. If you have a bull like Gizmo or Gizmos Image or American Muscle  or you have females that produce bulls like them you would see that it can be done.  They are not antagonistic they are just impossible to accomplish using 99% of the crappy feminine bulls out there

You could not be any more incorrect.  There is nothing masculine about the ewe necked clubby steers of today. I  dont care anything for the sawed off hard calving AM type so your reasoning just collapsed on itself.

I agree masculine bulls sire feminine females, they just don't sire clubby steers.