shorthorn bull "ArSuLu Massive 3140"

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Call Ward he can tell you.

folks here in Michigan have  a full brother to Massive - Ar Su Lu Massey. There is a pic of him in the Polled Congress Catalog.

kccowman

I have had about 15 calves out of him the last two years. No problem at all calving although must have been out of cows. Very uniform calves. polled , very correct long bodied calves. Not a sorry one in the bunch.

lucysmom

We're going to use him this spring.  I called the owner to check on him, and was told he calves easy, and average
weights are around 78 lbs.  Uses him on heifers every year. Looks like a good way to bring in some fresh genetics
too.

JoeBnTN

CWshorthorns said:
Has anyone had any calves out of him and what is the calving ease on this guy.

We have his maternal brother - Matador and he has worked very well as a sire of moderate birth weights.  With the genetics behind him,  I would suspect he would work well. His sire, - Gold Spear - also tends to be a good sire of moderate birth weights, BUT he has been known to have an outlier or two that can be pretty good sized.

Jacob B

Have not seen the bull my self.  Those same folks that sue is refering to seem to have some pretty good luck with his full brother.  Like what he is doing for them.  they don't all make show cattle, but they sure seem to have the look of a cow.

Millbrookshortys

We used 3140 this pasted breeding season and couldn't be more pleased with our calves by him, they are by far are most uniform group of calves we have.  They are dark red , thick, stylish and the bulls have muscle to burn yet are as smooth as can be, and the heifers are just as good. I have already ordered more semen and can't wait to see what happens next year.

CWshorthorns

Thank you we are fixing to install him in some heifers and see how it turns out next spring. i have heard lots of good about him and we will find out this time next year.