Shorthorn bull for sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

nck21

He was born in March of 2007 which makes him 4. Calving ease, TH and PHA Free. Easy to handle, his calves get better with time. Over the scale price. 

Pedigree:

MA128661 HOPLEYS SHOW TIME 838X
MA156123 DMCC POLLEROID 29A
MA95903 OCC ANGELS LADY
Sire: xMA23222 DMCC VINTAGE 4G
MA70038 MR CX85H
MA84249 DAZZLER'S FANCY DANCER
MA70608 GEM 02H
*3961594 PM PHA-F TH-C CF FORTUNE ET
*4017338 RHF MAGNUM ET
*x3966730 CF PICTURE PERFECT TP
Dam: *x4047557 PHA-F TH-F UBLB STACY 1009
*x3973456 STUDLEY
*x4011059 PHA-F TH-F DEER TRAIL BB STELLA
*x3937397 UBLGS CUMBERLAND PASS

Attachments

• panama.JPG
    panama.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 68

mark tenenbaum

This is another pic of the above bull-PANAMA RED- after running with cows at DMCC-Kansas:-his mother is a Cumberland and 2 time All American,his grandmother was the 4th high selling female of the breed in 1999-and one of the best  cows I ever had-some late ET calves also include a bull called Top Fuel-who will be out soon..His sire was a red full sib to DMCC LTD Edition-and his calves can be purebred Shorthorns.-Hes just a good easy calving commercial bull-who has sired a couple nice show hiefers here and there. NCK21-also had a few nice calves out of him with limited use,he has never thrown a calf over 80 pounds,that I am aware of. O0

Attachments

• Panama.jpg
    Panama.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 47

nck21

Need to sell him or he's going to the sale barn! $1,750. His registered name is Panama Red and we are selling him due to the drought!

Dale

This is a fire sale price on a very useful bull.  Last year I stepped up and bought JJC Wild Side when he was advertised on SP Classifieds.  We are extremely fortunate to own Wild Side. 

Many people have never owned a bull as good as Panama Red--someone needs this bull--he has an outcross pedigree and looks very sound.  At this price one could afford to own Panama just for a back-up bull.  It reminds me of an auction at which a really fine animal sold for a song--when a breeder was asked why he did not bid, he said nobody else was bidding, so I didn't either.

Good time not to follow the herd--people are a herd animal, right?  Even a couple of the big names might consider using this bull to diversify their genetics.  Panama Red is good enough that Genetic Horizons sells semen on him--he's in the prime of his life. 

Out of 9400+ SP members I wonder how many have ever owned a walking bull that has been in stud--plenty of them have, probably, and thousands have not.  Opportunities are easy to recognize using hindsight.  Someday it will rain again, the heat will moderate, and a cattle breeder could take great satisfaction in owning this sire.

Mark T., are you retaining the semen marketing rights?

kfacres

Dale said:
This is a fire sale price on a very useful bull.  Last year I stepped up and bought JJC Wild Side when he was advertised on SP Classifieds.  We are extremely fortunate to own Wild Side. 

Many people have never owned a bull as good as Panama Red--someone needs this bull--he has an outcross pedigree and looks very sound.  At this price one could afford to own Panama just for a back-up bull.  It reminds me of an auction at which a really fine animal sold for a song--when a breeder was asked why he did not bid, he said nobody else was bidding, so I didn't either.

Good time not to follow the herd--people are a herd animal, right?   Even a couple of the big names might consider using this bull to diversify their genetics.  Panama Red is good enough that Genetic Horizons sells semen on him--he's in the prime of his life. 

Out of 9400+ SP members I wonder how many have ever owned a walking bull that has been in stud--plenty of them have, probably, and thousands have not.  Opportunities are easy to recognize using hindsight.  Someday it will rain again, the heat will moderate, and a cattle breeder could take great satisfaction in owning this sire.

Mark T., are you retaining the semen marketing rights?

Maybe Wildside needs a backup?  If I had some cash sitting around- I'd split him with you since we're so close together.  seriously-- I've got a calf that needs sold, which might be worth about the same. 

and I've got some sheep that need delivered to Kansas-- (might pay my gas out there.)

nck21

Thanks for the kind words Dale. I feel like he would be a steal at this price. One of his steers we are taking to the Kansas Junior Livestock Show to sell.

nck21

Here's a couple pics of a  Panama steers at 1 to 1.5 months old.

Attachments

• 0408111759.jpg
    0408111759.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 0422111629.jpg
    0422111629.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

mark tenenbaum

Dale said:
This is a fire sale price on a very useful bull.  Last year I stepped up and bought JJC Wild Side when he was advertised on SP Classifieds.  We are extremely fortunate to own Wild Side.  

Many people have never owned a bull as good as Panama Red--someone needs this bull--he has an outcross pedigree and looks very sound.  At this price one could afford to own Panama just for a back-up bull.  It reminds me of an auction at which a really fine animal sold for a song--when a breeder was asked why he did not bid, he said nobody else was bidding, so I didn't either.

Good time not to follow the herd--people are a herd animal, right?   Even a couple of the big names might consider using this bull to diversify their genetics.  Panama Red is good enough that Genetic Horizons sells semen on him--he's in the prime of his life.  

Out of 9400+ SP members I wonder how many have ever owned a walking bull that has been in stud--plenty of them have, probably, and thousands have not.  Opportunities are easy to recognize using hindsight.  Someday it will rain again, the heat will moderate, and a cattle breeder could take great satisfaction in owning this sire.

Mark T., are you retaining the semen marketing rights?/// Yes-Mark Mueller has sent some here and there-and CF Martin and Jams Shorthorns have gotten a couple hiefers,very small-then they caught up-heres one that went to Texas-and was sound as they come-she was very small st birth-then caught up.Sorry bout the picture-its part of a sale video-she could really stride out. O0

Attachments

• -88 -including free-for-all hiefer 104.jpg
    -88 -including free-for-all hiefer 104.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 44
J

JTM

Uhhh yeah, this would be a steal and a great opportunity for somebody to get a really good bull. If I didn't already have 4 bulls walking I would probably jump on this opportunity.