Shorthorn Bull-"Moose"

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

What I said was that "some daughters may have fertility problems". I don't believe that is condemning a bull by any means especially in the show cattle arena. I forgot to add that the first heifer I have ever taken back from a customer in order to get her bred because they were having trouble is one of the twins pictured before. She happens to be sired by Moose also. So that would make three instances of fertility issues. Not sure why you would be questioning the validity of my opinion? In the show cattle arena, I think a lot of negative traits go without saying. I just choose to speak up if I think it may help someone.
[/quote]

Wasn't really questioning validity of your opinion. Didn't really realize you could even question validity of an opinion? To me an opinion is just that , an opinion.  If I offended you , I aplogize. And condemning a bull may have been the wrong terminology . I think "labeling" a bull was closer to the right terminology. But 3 females from 1 herd wouldn't give a me a  whole lot of concern.Especially when only 2 were by Moose. Just like a buddy buying 2 cows bred to JPJ & having a hfr calf born at 98 lbs & a bull being born at 106 lbs wouldn't stop me from saying he is a calving ease bull. It's just that there is so many things that can cause fertility issues, just like bwts. Now if had heard that a Moose dtr or 2 from 5, 8 10 or 12 herds across the state or the country , then I would be concerned. JMO

J

JTM

Doc said:
What I said was that "some daughters may have fertility problems". I don't believe that is condemning a bull by any means especially in the show cattle arena. I forgot to add that the first heifer I have ever taken back from a customer in order to get her bred because they were having trouble is one of the twins pictured before. She happens to be sired by Moose also. So that would make three instances of fertility issues. Not sure why you would be questioning the validity of my opinion? In the show cattle arena, I think a lot of negative traits go without saying. I just choose to speak up if I think it may help someone.

Wasn't really questioning validity of your opinion. Didn't really realize you could even question validity of an opinion? To me an opinion is just that , an opinion.  If I offended you , I aplogize. And condemning a bull may have been the wrong terminology . I think "labeling" a bull was closer to the right terminology. But 3 females from 1 herd wouldn't give a me a  whole lot of concern.Especially when only 2 were by Moose. Just like a buddy buying 2 cows bred to JPJ & having a hfr calf born at 98 lbs & a bull being born at 106 lbs wouldn't stop me from saying he is a calving ease bull. It's just that there is so many things that can cause fertility issues, just like bwts. Now if had heard that a Moose dtr or 2 from 5, 8 10 or 12 herds across the state or the country , then I would be concerned. JMO
[/quote]Haha, I know, I thought about if validity of opinion made sense or not.  (lol) I'm not offended, I guess I'm just surprised that you think it is not enough proof that their may be an issue somewhere. Again, two daughters and one maternal sister to Moose. I could tell you also that JPJ is a pretty good calving ease bull. My question is, how would anyone ever figure out how to make good breeding decisions if you had to get information from a dozen herds across the country when nobody wants to tell anyone about the problems they have anyway? Unless of course they are on steerplanet, but then people wouldn't believe them anyway...  ;D