Shorthorn bull, steer and heifer prospects

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dooling1

Although we are in the process of getting our website updated (finally), I wanted to share with you three top bull prospects. After about 5 years of only having about 3 quality bulls total, the switch to Legacy has been a blessing. He is turning into an outstanding herd sire for us.

Again, keep checking our website www.diamondmshorthorns.com for updates, but I wanted to share these calf shots here first.

Overall, we will have four bull prospects, 10 heifers and 5 steers for sale. All of our steers are priced under $1,500 to help out juniors in these tough economic times.

Our bull calves will range from $2,000 on up.

If you have any questions, email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• pacinoD.jpg
    pacinoD.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 406
  • cassie-aviator1D.jpg
    cassie-aviator1D.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 406
  • cassie-legacyD.jpg
    cassie-legacyD.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 375

OH Breeder

Can you share the breeding on these calves? Nice looking group. Very impressive. The first calf is definitely eye appealing. They all have right pieces and parts.
OH B

Dooling1

First off, thanks Jeff for the compliments. You know good cattle, so that means a lot.

The roan bull (a May calf)  is out of our Snowflower donor and ArSuLu Legacy. Legacy is doing a fantastic job for us. Pacino (the name of the first bull) has two flushmate sisters that are really good too. I will have photos of them up shortly.

We feel that after a 3 year drought without an all-American bull, Pacino may get us back on the wagon. I would like to sell him though to someone who would really promote him. He doesn't have any Sonny, Trump, Solution or any of the really used bulls in his pedigree. Plus, he was only 86 pounds at birth.

The other bulls are also really nice. The red calf is an Aviator son out of our Cassie donor. The darker roan calf is a Legacy out of Cassie too. The Legacy/Cassie is a real working man's bull. Would be fantastic for someone that wanted safe Shorthorn genetics to cross with.

OH Breeder said:
Can you share the breeding on these calves? Nice looking group. Very impressive. The first calf is definitely eye appealing. They all have right pieces and parts.
OH B

oakview

Stuart:  The calves look good.  If I didn't already have a bull for every cow I have, they need to be legally married, you know, I'd be interested in one of them.  By the way, I talked to Roger a while ago and he said that it was hard to believe today, but your dad once ran for public office as a Republican!  Still have good memories of the Minnesota State Fair and trying to stay out of the quarantine barn.

Dooling1

Oakview,

It goes further than that with dad. He was so tied in with the Republicans that I met every one of the candidates for president in 1998. I had a little thing with Jack Kemp's daughter too.  (thumbsup)

Anyway, we never will forget the great times we had at the Minn. fair. Now with MK's kids soon to be of showing age, we will be back there again. That fair, Iowa and SD were always favorites of mine. Good times and even better friends.

P.S. You may want to see a shrink about your bull to cow ratio.  <cowboy>

oakview said:
Stuart:  The calves look good.  If I didn't already have a bull for every cow I have, they need to be legally married, you know, I'd be interested in one of them.  By the way, I talked to Roger a while ago and he said that it was hard to believe today, but your dad once ran for public office as a Republican!  Still have good memories of the Minnesota State Fair and trying to stay out of the quarantine barn.

feeder duck

Love the name! I think he will represent your firm very very well.  At some point the breed will realize there is a need for good outcross cattle. Maybe we can make some money then!!!!!
See you in Louisville!

Jeff

Latest posts