Shorthorn Bull Wanted

Help Support Steer Planet:

McHale75

Anybody know of any good Shorthorn bulls for sale in Indiana or surrounding states?  I need one to use next spring.  It can be a yearling or mature bull but want a PHA and TH free sire that can produce good show heifers.  Thanks in advance for any information. 

feeder duck

This is a July calf that we have not cut yet that is TH Free and I am relatively sure he would be PH free. He is a Wild Side out of a Vortec dam. Hairy, sound , monster top and hip. We are using a full brother to him this year. His first calves will hit the ground late winter. I should have some new photos of him in a week or so. I just weaned him.

Jeff Cornell
  www.showsteers.com/cornell
  Lafayette,IN
765-491-2336

Attachments

• 100_1806.jpg
    100_1806.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 407

Dooling1

Take your pick. We have three that would do the trick. All are TH and PHA clean and out of our top donors.

If you have an interest, email me at [email protected] or call 561-289-9009. We are in IL.

www.diamondmshorthorns.com

McHale75 said:
Anybody know of any good Shorthorn bulls for sale in Indiana or surrounding states?  I need one to use next spring.  It can be a yearling or mature bull but want a PHA and TH free sire that can produce good show heifers.  Thanks in advance for any information. 

Attachments

• web-pacinoD.jpg
    web-pacinoD.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 363
  • web-cassie-legacyD.jpg
    web-cassie-legacyD.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 356
  • web-cassie-aviator1D.jpg
    web-cassie-aviator1D.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 354

Dutch Acres

We have 3 bulls all with good breeding in their background.
1.  Studer's Pretender/AF Dream Lady.  Red with white marks. BW 82lbs
2.  SS Deadwood/RB Shanie (former Res. Gr. Denver)  White. BW 78lbs
3.  Sull Grey Goose/SS Revival 317 (Schrags say she was the thickest of all the Revival/Sonnys)  Roan. BW 102 lbs

These bulls are all in their work clothes if you would like to see them.  We were going to take them to the Expo's in the spring but have decided it isn't worth the trips as we have no heifers to match up with them.  Becomes too expensive to drag just one or two head to an expo.  The Pretender and Grey Goose bulls were born late Feb.to early March.  The Deadwood was born last December.  So all three would be ready for service in 2009.  Email me or call 260-349-5356. 

Rod Schoon
Dutch Acres Farm

oakview

We have a two year old bull, son of  CCS Equity's Charmer out of WHR Cumberland 9R78.  Red, polled, have several calves on the ground with more on the way next year.  Was shown once, junior champion at 2007 Iowa State Fair.  We have 6 herd bulls and are in the process of reducing our 65 head cow herd.  He's clean on both counts and we have semen stored.  We'll be going through Indiana on our way to Louisville.  Pictures available if you're interested.  He's fancy.

McHale75

I have had replies but I am still looking if anyone else has a Shorthorn bull for sale.  I have some breeders sending me some pictures of a few bulls.
Thanks!

McHale75

MYT Farms

Got a fine little Reg. Angus that'll be ready to cover 30-40 cows next year. 

EDIT: I am dead serious about that cow #.

box6rranch

We have 2 PHA and TH free bulls. Both have excellent breeding and have been shown numerous times.
Look at our classified ad to see their breeding. The white bull has had several beautiful show quality calves. The roan bull is ready for breeding and has great bloodlines. If you are looking to bring down the height of your calves, add thickness and hair, he's the one for you.
If you e-mail me at [email protected] I can send you pictures of the white bull's calves. We live in Colorado but can arrange transportation or meet you to deliver.
The roan bull will be showing at National western in January. If you're truly looking for show quality calves either of these two would produce for you.

Attachments

• Tommy and calves 002.jpg
    Tommy and calves 002.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Tommy and calves 010.jpg
    Tommy and calves 010.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Tommy and calves 002.jpg
    Tommy and calves 002.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 30

justintime

The Sun Country group has 62 bulls on test at the present time and the sale will be held on April 18th. All are Th and PHA free and there are some excellent herd bull prospects in the group. I am not sure when you need a bull, but if you can wait until late April, there will be some very good bulls selling in this sale. There is a variety of bloodlines on offer. We will be posting the test results every 28 days on our websites.

McHale75

I have a yearling Shorthorn bull bought but I might be interested in leasing a mature Shorthorn bull to cover another group of cows.  Let me know if you have one available May to July of '09.

Jacob B

I haven't seen the bull of Rod Schoon's (Grey GooseXRevival) but I heard about him soon after he hit the ground.  He sounds to be very impressive, and that cow is going to be a force in years to come.  Rod's a real good guy to deal with too.  That's my vote from what I have seen anyways.  Good luck with finding what you are looking for.