Shorthorn Bulls on YouTube

Help Support Steer Planet:

coyote

The bulls look good. Are you taking a group of them to Denver.
Do you have any calves by Kaper4508? I would sure like to see a picture of his mother.

PhilMcKracken

Thanks, guys. 

Coyote, we are not taking bulls to Denver.  As for 4508, we can only seem to have heifers out of him.  Not a problem, as it appears he will make some great females.  There were two in the spring, and I think they are both in the very topcut.  I know Gary has pictures of his mother, he was still on mom when I first saw pictures of him.

Scott

oakbar

Scott,

I know nothing about your bulls, but the 9610 bull really caught my eye.    Very nice group of bulls.  Good luck with them!!

Lynn

PhilMcKracken

Thank you Lynn for taking a look and your comments.  Many of the mothers of these bulls go back to KL Double Duty 6294, several are linebred daughters.  9610 is out of a granddaughter of 6294 and a 1/2  blood Connealy FrontPage(Angus)/Double Duty son.  9609, 9610, 9611, 9617 are 3/4 bloods all bred the same way.

Scott

r.n.reed

Scott,I've only had a chance to look at a couple of the bulls but what I've seen so far sure looks impressive.
  Coyote you made me realize that I don't have a good picture of Wolf Ridge Cindy 19m.I have attached a fair one with 4508 at side.19m weighs 1250 before calving and 1100 at weaning.She has had a calf every year in April some by AI and her avg weaning ratio on 6 calves is 104 plus even though she is the smallest cow in the herd.She is very wide topped which I think in part is due to the fact that she is linebred to Nelco Stellas Missie who ranks in the top 20% of the breed for  loin eye.If the wind blew her hair up on a winter day she might make a 5 frame score and her mother who is still active and grandmother who was a pacer performance dam were about the same size.4508 is not the result of a fire and ice mating and I had hoped and now am starting to feel confident that he can reliably help moderate some of the extremes and build some efficiency in programs that are looking that way.

Attachments

• DSC00030 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00030 (Medium).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 182

lfarms

good bulls you got there. (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

r.n.reed

Great people and an excellant focused program!Hope you guys have a good sale this weekend.This first calf heifer is one of my favorites in the Loving herd.

Attachments

• kansas-nebraska act 009 (Medium).jpg
    kansas-nebraska act 009 (Medium).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 187

PhilMcKracken

Thanks for the kind words, RN.  Doesn't surprise me you like the mother of maybe the top heifer in '10 spring crop who just happens to be out of 4508.  Got a good picture of her the other day.  I get a minute this week I will post it.

Scott

r.n.reed

Actualy there are a lot of good choices for favorite in the Loving herd!

Attachments

• kansas-nebraska act 012 (Medium).jpg
    kansas-nebraska act 012 (Medium).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 164