Shorthorn bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

turning grass into beef

I come to this forum fairly often.  Mainly to read, rarely to post.  Someone once told me that you don't learn anything new when you are talking, and I have always remembered that.
There seems to be a lot of shorthorn breeders here on this board so I thought you might appreciate some bull pictures.  If I have posted pictures on here before I have forgotten how to do it so here goes nothing  :).

Saskvalley Volcano 57U

Saskvalley Voyageur 213U

Saskvalley Vigilante 28U

Saskvalley Unique 335U

You can also see video of these and some other bulls at www.youtube.com/saskvalleyshorthorns

GM

Great looking set of bulls!  Thanks for posting them.  Who are they sired by?

turning grass into beef

57U is sired by Saskvalley Sequel 59S (59S is a full brother to Saskvalley Ramrod 155R)
213U is sired by Saskvalley Navajo 153M (213U is a full bother to Saskvalley Pioneer 126P)
28U is sired by Saskvalley Ramrod 155R
335U is sired by Saskvalley Sherriff 46S (46S is sired by Saskvalley Ultra 12J)

Cowfarmer65 you are correct, they are appendix free.

sue

Mr Grass

You should elaborate more about your program. I think a breeder of any kind  would be proud to have this set of bulls. Please dont be shy....

Sue

turning grass into beef

Thanks for the comments.
We are not big advertisers or marketers.  We just try to breed functional cattle for our environment.  I you want to know more about our program you are welcome to visit our website at www.saskvalleyshorthorns.com    It will give you a lot more information about us than I can give in this post.
Thanks again

Endless Meadows

I did get a chance to look at the youtube video's.  I would have to say that my favorites were unconditional 216 and ultimate 377.

garybob

Endless Meadows said:
I did get a chance to look at the youtube video's.  I would have to say that my favorites were unconditional 216 and ultimate 377.
Valiant and Vigilante were the GaryBob type. BW & sale prices? PM me.

Thank Ye Kindly,

GB

jaimiediamond

Thought I would post one of the Saskvalley bulls that is working really well for a commercial operation for the past 3 seasons.  He looks great!

Attachments

• volcano 57u.jpg
    volcano 57u.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 219
  • volcano 57u front.jpg
    volcano 57u front.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 146

jaimiediamond

garybob said:
what's the chances on him getting collected, although he is working in a Commercial Herd?

GB ;)

I talked to my boss and he is willing to sell the semen and/or walking rights on this bull.  Likely he will be collected soon :)

vanridge

Bulls like that do the breed a lot of good! Nobody can drive past a field where they're in and not take a second look!

jaimiediamond

knabe said:
yours, horseshoe and muridale are my favorite shorthorn breeders

Thanks knabe I may be a little biased but I feel there are some stellar Shorthorn programs in Western Canada :) 57U isn't from our program he is from the excellent Saskvalley program (turning grass into beef and Carl).  Attached is a video of 57U's 3 year old son that is also a successful heifer bull in the same commercial program.
SASKVALLEY INSTIGATOR 250X

aj

I like vanridge......she brings alot to the table......go Shorthorns go.......go shorthorns go.