Shorthorn bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

Great videos. Looks as though there are some bulls with some substance to them. Especially 2047. Nice group. (thumbsup)

garybob

On the heifers, Toby, what is #1002? I am a big fan of "Vanguard" at Paul Bridwell's. Y'uns missed out on a whale of a heifer at the 4-State Sale back in November.

GB

mark tenenbaum

I havent seen alot of them-but 2047 most resembles Patent To me-he answers the age old question-WHAT do you breed Double Stuffs to? Or other clubby cattle-There NEEDS to be a good one that all the mere mortals LOL and small breeders can use-look at the usage of Capiche-this one is way better.But like alot of the good (and QUESTIONABLE) big time Shorthorn bulls,he will most likely NEVER really be used on anything other than a very narrow scope of genetics-thus (with or without documentation) not furthuring real world numbers-both in reported BWS,weanings etc-or on any diversity of cattle. O0

blackdiamond

garybob said:
On the heifers, Toby, what is #1002? I am a big fan of "Vanguard" at Paul Bridwell's. Y'uns missed out on a whale of a heifer at the 4-State Sale back in November.

GB

speaking of that sale?  Was that in Diamond, MO, of where?

justintime

Toby... the bulls and females you posted videos of all look great!  Congrats on a great set of cattle that can work most anywhere!

Waukaru

Grant, 
Thanks, meaans alot.  Hope you can make it down to Denver, I will have a few of them in the yards, find us Friday afternoon for "refreshments"!

Lucky_P

Great looking bulls.
We've been using Goldimine 2109 and Coppertop 464 on commercial 3/4AN-1/4 SM cows for 3 years now, breeding some to Gold Card 5042 this fall. 
Have been very pleased with performance on the SH-sired steers, and the heifers are looking like they'll be what we were shooting for.
They do work well in a commercial herd.

justintime

Waukaru said:
Grant, 
Thanks, meaans alot.  Hope you can make it down to Denver, I will have a few of them in the yards, find us Friday afternoon for "refreshments"!

Will do Toby, but I won't be there on Friday.  I plan to get to Denver Saturday morning and leave on Monday. It will be a fast trip but I hope to see  as much as I can. I'm not sure if you will have any "refreshments" left by Saturday or not, but I will stop by your pen anyways!

garybob

blackdiamond said:
garybob said:

GB

Yep! Right by Joplin. Too bad, it was the same weekend as the Durham Nation Sale.

GB

blackdiamond

garybob said:
blackdiamond said:
garybob said:

GB

Yep! Right by Joplin. Too bad, it was the same weekend as the Durham Nation Sale.

GB

what idd you think of my buddies heifers?  There was a Joe Davinci, a Gates, and a third that has slipped my head.  Think they were sold for 1500ish, and he seemed happey with where they went.

garybob

blackdiamond said:
garybob said:
blackdiamond said:
garybob said:

GB

GB

what idd you think of my buddies heifers?  There was a Joe Davinci, a Gates, and a third that has slipped my head.  Think they were sold for 1500ish, and he seemed happey with where they went.
They looed like good "project cattle". Wasn't looking for tht type. Sorry.

GB

Okotoks

I think I like 2047 and 2093 the best and I see they are 3/4 brothers. A very nice group (thumbsup)