Shorthorn calves?

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Davis Reg Shorthorns just weaned the second set of calves by Doc Clark-  some of this years calves are consigned to the colors of Kansas heifer calf sale.  Katie Stewart and family of Missouri just sold a bred Doc Clark daugther in last weekends sale to Gary Mathis. 

I personally sold semen to a angus breeder of northern michigan - 3 calves this past spring and they have ai'd to him again.  Ried's retained the doc clark heifer as a replacement. Sorry no pics

Check with Matt Davis ...  I believe he is on lease this fall. Semen is currently at SEK genetics.

Here is the video taken of DC as a calf - he was the youngest of 5 sons of Captain in the 2010 pen for Denver.  He did scan the largest REA/cwt in the pen as well . (weighed 1010 w/ a REA of 14.2) BF of .20 .

http://youtu.be/OaDiN3j_nvw

bobwire

Here's a couple of pics of our Doc Clark daughter that we sold to Gary in AR last weekend.  We purchased her from Matt Davis last November in his online sale.  She is a May, 2011 heifer.  The first was taken in late April 2012 at the Missouri State University Bear Classic and the second was taken in late September.  We showed this heifer until late July; she was taken totally off show feed and kicked out on "pasture", which consisted of dried up dead grass.  She was supplemented with grass hay and mineral until early September, when we finally had a little grass again.  She continued to grow and stayed in fantastic condition.  She is bred for a late March calf.  We hope she does great things for her new owner.

Attachments

• 2542 - Copy.JPG
    2542 - Copy.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0667 - Copy.JPG
    PICT0667 - Copy.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 279

Davis Shorthorns

We have our second set now and Doc's calves have been great.  Averaging about 84 lbs at birth.  Have 4 doc calves in our sale this weekend and i think they are pretty dang good.  Hubs have also used him and have a new herd sire by him now. 

thunderdownunder

Davis Shorthorns said:
We have our second set now and Doc's calves have been great.  Averaging about 84 lbs at birth.  Have 4 doc calves in our sale this weekend and i think they are pretty dang good.  Hubs have also used him and have a new herd sire by him now. 
Pics?

Davis Shorthorns

The roan heifer is the only sh that isnt a dc.  I have 2 pb yearling heifers thst i will try to get some picts of.

Davis Shorthorns

only the two SH heifers sold.  Sold to the same family cheap.  1250 and 1300.  None of the chars even got a bid or any of the steers.  We also had another SH+ steer that was very good that didn't get a bid.  Only 2 buyers came out and ended up being family(that I found out sitting at dinner) so I let them have both the heifers cheap.