Shorthorn Heifer For Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

NHR

Ok, I must be crazy but we are looking to sale our SS Kaboom heifer. She is a super powerful female.

Price is firm at $10,000

Serious inquires only.

[email protected]

Attachments

• 1-4-08 042 rev1.jpg
    1-4-08 042 rev1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 652
  • 1-4-08 051 rev1.jpg
    1-4-08 051 rev1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 654

xkrushx

I'll give you $2,500 for her. I may be critical of my heifers, and maybe this is just the pics, but if I am going to spend 10 plus on one, which I seem to do every year, they better be a good one that can do some winning or make an awesome momma. This girl looks nice enough bodied for a 10,000 dollar one, but she seemed a little down-ward sloping from her hip, toes out her left rear leg in both pics, could be a little straight off her rear legs also, and maybe is pinched in her heart just a touch. She does have awesome extension through her front and sure is eye appealing in her make up but I know I am being real critical here, and most of the flaws may be because the pictures do not do these girls justice but she is a pretty nice female that could be in the hunt come late spring-early summer if she got in the right hands and someone did some homework with her. just my opinion.

NHR

xkrushx said:
I'll give you $2,500 for her. I may be critical of my heifers, and maybe this is just the pics, but if I am going to spend 10 plus on one, which I seem to do every year, they better be a good one that can do some winning or make an awesome momma. This girl looks nice enough bodied for a 10,000 dollar one, but she seemed a little down-ward sloping from her hip, toes out her left rear leg in both pics, could be a little straight off her rear legs also, and maybe is pinched in her heart just a touch. She does have awesome extension through her front and sure is eye appealing in her make up but I know I am being real critical here, and most of the flaws may be because the pictures do not do these girls justice but she is a pretty nice female that could be in the hunt come late spring-early summer if she got in the right hands and someone did some homework with her. just my opinion.

Evedentally Pictures do not do this heifer any justice. This 7 month old heifer has been winning a lot of jackpots already. She would be Grand more often except our Houston Reserve Grand heifer beats her most of the time. Of course she has beaten our Houston heifer a couple of times which is a good indicator of how good this heifer is and will be. $2500 is a little of an insult even though I dont think you meant it that way. If you are going to Ft Worth you might want to come by and see her.

We might actually have a buyer, just need to check back with an inquiry into her from another Shorthorn breeder.

chambero

I don't think anybody can tell much from any photo of a calf that it might be a "pretty good one" or it definitely isn't.  You obviously have some good heifers.  I'm not into Shorthorns at all hardly (got one steer calf that is pretty stout this year), but of the few cows I've looked at over the past couple of years, I've liked Kabooms as much as any for club calf producers.  Kris Black sold a bred one in a female sale a couple of years ago for around $17K if I remember correctly that didn't look any "better" in a photo.  She was very nice in person.

Hope you get her sold if you really want to, but I bet you don't mind keeping her either.  I always hate making the decision to keep or sell our best heifers.  You can't keep breeding great ones unless you keep their mommas to start with.  Did you raise her or buy her?

NHR

chambero said:
I don't think anybody can tell much from any photo of a calf that it might be a "pretty good one" or it definitely isn't.  You obviously have some good heifers.  I'm not into Shorthorns at all hardly (got one steer calf that is pretty stout this year), but of the few cows I've looked at over the past couple of years, I've liked Kabooms as much as any for club calf producers.  Kris Black sold a bred one in a female sale a couple of years ago for around $17K if I remember correctly that didn't look any "better" in a photo.  She was very nice in person.

Hope you get her sold if you really want to, but I bet you don't mind keeping her either.  I always hate making the decision to keep or sell our best heifers.  You can't keep breeding great ones unless you keep their mommas to start with.  Did you raise her or buy her?

We raised her and the only reason we are thinking of selling her is because we have had a successful flush of her mother. Now if I sell too many embryos then i will take this heifer back off the market. Its kind of one of those deals to see which will sell out first.

feeder duck

She definitely a very attractive female. I might ask what is her dam side of her pedigree? Is she TH free?  How old is she? I will be the last to be critical of a photo, I by no means am a pro photographer. What shows has she won and how many times has she been shown? Best of luck getting her sold!!!

NHR

her pedigree can be viewed at the shorthorn.org web site. Just do a search for NHR Jealous Lisa 05T. She is TH Free.

doubled

She is very nice heifer, I know alot of people dont like to pay those prices, but if ya wanna win lots of times you have too, we sometimes ask quite a bit with our calves too,
but lots of perks come with them too, like grooming, clipping, or even housing them at times, there are lots of things to consider when buying a competitive calf,
you obviously are raising one, good luck with her, she should do well.

Dooling1

She is good, and she may even be better than her photo. However, I disagree that you don't have to pay those prices to win. Duck and I have had a ton of calves sold for less that beat the big money heifers. It is fun. It is all about helping juniors have a great experience, yet making enough money to stay in business.

Again, she is good, and this is not knocking her. But a great one does not have to cost you big bucks.

justamom said:
She is very nice heifer, I know alot of people dont like to pay those prices, but if ya wanna win lots of times you have too, we sometimes ask quite a bit with our calves too,
but lots of perks come with them too, like grooming, clipping, or even housing them at times, there are lots of things to consider when buying a competitive calf,
you obviously are raising one, good luck with her, she should do well.

NHR

She is now off the marlet since we sold most of her full sib embryos. We will see how the next flush goes before offering the heifer or embryos for sale again. Good luck to everyone.

showstick09

I saw this heifer in Ft. Worth and she is very nice looking. How did you end up placing in your class?

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Saw her a Fort. Worth , NHR has got some nice cattle, both his older red one and the baby looked awsome. So you still wanna change you mind on the little one, im sure you were getting a lot of offers for her, she is just flat out awsome. Didnt get to watch the show but i herd she rocked.