Shorthorn Jr. nat'l feedback

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mitch

Who was elected to Jr. Board?  How did the cattle look?  how was the show run?  Any suggestions or improvement for the upcoming years?
Just have not hear much so was wondereing what the scoop was.

mark tenenbaum

Wasnt there-but understand the  Vogels made a strong showing,which they deserve. Normal kids without $7-$35000 can purchase a good calf from breders like  them,and still look good against what are some of the top professional fitters,and most expensive show hiefers in the country. They also are producing thick cattle with attention to real world calving ease along with some grow-and the" look"-that takes skill,they arent the only ones doing it-but hats off in my book. O0 (clapping)

sue

yep.. pretty cool I think they made a clean swipe? vogel have a herf steer on the page .. he looks like a divsion starter kit?
i have  tried to find the webpage for the awards they make and could not.... please forward info for vogel if u can... 
Mitch ,I hope you got the VIP parking ticket that I sent you??  You should have had black tie service? gosh ... did you get it?. I swear valet at the show and hotel was included. I swear they had a martini service as well.... 

J

JTM

Big time numbers. I heard there were like 550 head. The heifer show was very nice. They were mostly professionally fit and the show was very competitive. A lot of heifers that looked like they probably brought $10,000 to $25,000. The facility was very nice, air conditioned, good amount of seating and standing room. I was really impressed with the fairgrounds and how the show seemed to be flowing. I think the judges tried to move through them a little bit too quick and were not sorting the heifers towards the bottom as fairly IMO.

sigsigns

Thanks Mark and Sue it was truely a day to remember with having the Champion and Reserve Bred and Owned Heifers. Champion ShorthornPlus Pair and then to top off the day Ashley getting elected to the National Board. We are so proud and humbled.  The kids do all the work here at home themselves and that makes their wins that much more special to them.  Cody is becoming our fitter and in fact lined up his first job and is going to Angus Nationals to help a family.
Tom: National Jr. Board electies were Ashley, Joseph O'Sullivan, Autumn Robinson, and Luke Bolin. Congrats to all of them. It was a strong group of kids this year running.
Sue: My new website is www.signaturesignsandawards.com. I had Ranch House Design design a new one so you can find it at that address.

OH Breeder

sigsigns said:
Thanks Mark and Sue it was truely a day to remember with having the Champion and Reserve Bred and Owned Heifers. Champion ShorthornPlus Pair and then to top off the day Ashley getting elected to the National Board. We are so proud and humbled.  The kids do all the work here at home themselves and that makes their wins that much more special to them.  Cody is becoming our fitter and in fact lined up his first job and is going to Angus Nationals to help a family.
Tom: National Jr. Board electies were Ashley, Joseph O'Sullivan, Autumn Robinson, and Luke Bolin. Congrats to all of them. It was a strong group of kids this year running.
Sue: My new website is www.signaturesignsandawards.com. I had Ranch House Design design a new one so you can find it at that address.

Great looking set. What many aspire to raise. You all should be proud of your accomplishments! Congrats to your children on a job well done!

sue

sigsigns said:
I would like cutting boards in the shape of a shorthorn. Thought this would be a nice gift- maybe my logo in the corner??  What can you do.  I can check web page.

Hey - my niece had 5th overall photo... just found out!

firesweepranch

sigsigns said:
Thanks Mark and Sue it was truely a day to remember with having the Champion and Reserve Bred and Owned Heifers. Champion ShorthornPlus Pair and then to top off the day Ashley getting elected to the National Board. We are so proud and humbled.  The kids do all the work here at home themselves and that makes their wins that much more special to them.  Cody is becoming our fitter and in fact lined up his first job and is going to Angus Nationals to help a family.
Did you do the Simmi National awards? My daughter came home with a few of the items on your web site!!! She loved the stepping stool and other things she got! Very cool.... thanks!

sigsigns

Glad that your kids received some of the awards. They were a hit everywhere this year. I totally enjoy working with the associations on their awards and love making items that the kids enjoy and like to use and display.

shortii

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. And I'm not naming names but there was one person that I feel should not have been elected to the board. Otherwise I think everything went well. I do have to say I was very impressed with the Vogel family's livestock. They are a great family. 

red roan

shortii said:
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. And I'm not naming names but there was one person that I feel should not have been elected to the board. Otherwise I think everything went well. I do have to say I was very impressed with the Vogel family's livestock. They are a great family. 
sounds like you did not make it on the board I thought all were very good the Jr's voted go ahead and name the one and I will tell you why they deserved to be on the board

shortii

red roan said:
shortii said:
sounds like you did not make it on the board I thought all were very good the Jr's voted go ahead and name the one and I will tell you why they deserved to be on the board
First off im not trying to rile people up. I am just voicing my opinion. Second I did not run for board but I was a voting delegate, the reason I feel this person shouldn't have made it on the board was because when questions were being asked to the candidates this person acted like he/she had it in the bag from the start, even though he/she couldn't even name one of the board members on the senior board. And I am not posting this because the person I voted for didn't make it because she did.

Who knows maybe this kid will prove me wrong in the future.