Shorthorn Jr. Nat'ls

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

I saw this message late unfortunately.  We are located right on Hwy. 82 between Wichita Falls and Gainesville, TX.  It is a fairly heavily travelled route for cattle, and if anyone ever needs a place to rest cattle get in touch with me.  We always have empty stalls and big steel lots for large groups of cattle.  About 200 yds off the highway.

Jill

Try the link again, it has a show on today, I don't know why he wouldn't list all of the dates, but it is going right now.  I left it up last night and just happened to come in while the judge was talking.

red

Malinda Wells called & talked me through it. Still can't get the picture but can hear it.

Red

red

Never mind, I found it!

http://www.2007shorthornjuniornationals.com/Pressroom/press_index.html

Shortdawg's son got 2nd w/ his prospect steer.

Red

Jill

I'm not sure why you aren't getting a picture, it's not good, but I can see it.  They are on final drive now.

red

mine is the size of a postage stamp. I've had the sound on but not much without the picture.
Hope the Maines do it the same way. Maybe I can cheer everyone on then!

Red

Jill

red said:
mine is the size of a postage stamp. I've had the sound on but not much without the picture.
Hope the Maines do it the same way. Maybe I can cheer everyone on then!

Red
It has a video adjustment on the right hand side right under volume that changes the size of the picture. 

red

I've used it before but darn thing wasn't on this one for me!  ???
I saw BJ (former Junior Maine guy) at church this morning. He said they will be showing the Maines too. Need to get it fixed before hand.

Red

red

Yes, he's connected w/ him & Wendt (SP?) & some w/ Craig Rieter. He'll be in OK running the benfit auction.
He's living in Wooster, Ohio but started dating a girl from our church. She's in Fla right now going to college but was home for the weekend. Cute couple.

Red

shortdawg

We had a great time at the Jr. Nat'ls. My oldest son got 2nd in class with his steer and 4th in an 11  head class with his heifer plus made the semis in showmanship. The steer had an off day with his temperment which probably hurt his placing a little. Another Georgian won the class in her last Jr. Nat'ls so, we were proud for her. My youngest son got 5th in a class of nine with his heifer and hung in there in showmanship in his 2nd show ever. We got to visit the top of Mt. Scott one day which was cool and we celebrated my oldest's B'day at an awesome Japanese Steakhouse. The only bad thing that I can say is someone stole my water hose and new spray nozzle from the wash rack  :mad:.  Also 1100 miles each way was pretty tough but worth it. :)

DL

shortdawg - glad you are back safe and sound and sounds like a grand time was had by all! The icing on the cake would have been the A3 judging showmanship in a purple tube top (just kidding (lol))

NHR

We had a good time at the Nationals also, My daughter had a 3rd, 4th, and 4th in class. Her best heifer just would not cooperate which cost her a couple of placings. In all it was a good week considering we had been there since the Friday before because the Texas State Shorthorn show was held the previous Saturday. Yep, The Texas Shorthorn show was held in Lawton, OK. My daughter is now the Texas Shorthorn Lassie Queen. (clapping)

To all of you Maine exhibitors bring plenty of fans and misters because it is hot in that barn.

NHR - aka ziggyb on other forums

www.navarrohillsranch.com

garybob

heard it from several breeders in AR & OK.  Shortdawg's white steer got RIPPED. Evidently, thickness isn't a requirement in a steer show.

I still think he's purty good, based on what I've seen here.

Latest posts