shorthorn junior national

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Any reports,experiences, rumors,complaints,thoughts,pictures,weather reports, or anything?

txshowlamb

I posted the website that they had aired it in today the post called live auction

shortyjock89

Illinois, and in particular, my aisle, rocked the show.  Champion and reserve bred and owned heifer, reserve bull, reserve market steer. CPR had champion prospect and champ b&o steer (same calf). 

itk

The thing I found most interesting was there was only one DV steer shown. I talked to Matt for awhile when I was there on Tuesday and was really impressed with their steer so I was glad to hear they had a good day with him. Looking at the calf you would never have guessed he was out of Spike Jr. Justin I was really impressed with Rosebud and it was nice to meet you. She is maybe a little clubby for a show like Jr. Nationals but she looks like she will be a outstanding cow who will offer alot of versatility in breeding and should produce outstanding offspring whichever direction you choose to go with her. By the way was your sister able to show the appendix heifer?

shortdawg

Man I like that Spike Jr. bull. I seen him out at WHR and he is a tank. I believe he is a Golden Spike out of the Augusta Pride 3127 cow.

shortyjock89

Yeah, Corbin's Spike Jr. steer is pretty awesome. I got 5th today in the owned show in a pretty large class, so I was pretty happy. 

Itk- thanks for the compliments, we had many more people stop by the stalls and ask about her than I thought.  And yes, my sister was able to show her heifer, she got 6th.

Davis Shorthorns

The heifer that we sold a girl got didn't do very well she got sick as heck on monday and wouldn't eat untill thurs.  She was a little on the green side anyways.  I still had a blast supporting her and the heifer.  Springfield here I come next year. (thumbsup)

Davis Shorthorns

on a sadder note, I herd a buzz that a calf had died in the tie outs is that true??? Did any one see???  I hope that it wasn't true.

justme

I didn't hear that one died, but with the terrible storm we had ect. it could be possible.  Only thing I heard about was theft of generators in tie-outs.

the_resa86

I had not heard about a heifer dying but I did hear about lots of things getting stolen, such as generators and even someone's luggage was stolen off the back of their truck in tie-outs.

cowz

There was a fatal shooting in the Wendy's parking lot next to the show, just what my family needed to see.....that could have morphed into another rumor..... but no cattle died.  Some did get some major bumps and welts from the hail storm.  Lots of stuff did get pinched.  The SH breeders took up a collection to replace a nice kiddo's belt and buckle that was stolen from inside his truck.
Great show, almost 500 head of shorties shown.  Go to www.shorthorn.org for the results.

I thought that the winners of the upper female classes were too fat to breed, but that's just me.  It would be fun to know how many of those girls are open.

Got home today, had fun, contributed greatly to the economy of KS, and MO.  Time to clean out the trailer, do laundry and maybe take a nap.

Malinda

Hey  cowz

I was not there, just watched on line and looked at the pictures that are posted so far. I agree that a lot of those heifers looked really fat.

As far as being bred, I only have information on one heifer. The division V1 winner is bred and due Sept 1.

Glad you had a good time...I'm jealous.

Can't wait to hear from Red and see pictures.

Malinda

Jill

The Cates heifer looked really good, she won her class, but didn't get any further, never thought to take pictures of her, sorry.

cowz

I failed to mention that it was all about the kids and they had a great time meeting new friends, young and old alike!

I got to meet Red, Jill, Just Me and CommonSense in person.  Great to see you all!  That was worth the trip. :)

I really loved the green, green flint hills of Kansas!  But, I'm glad to be home.....and it even rained some today.....hooray!