Shorthorn page

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Now I can't even pull up the ASA webpage. Any idea on when they'll get it back on-line? Terrible time of year to go down!

Red :)))

garybob

They got crossways with ABRI, the Australians got to wanting too much $$$$ for their stuff. Was a good idea, though, linking the world  Shorthorn population together into a large epd base. This would have helped in a lot of ways. People's attitudes kind of monkeyed it all up.

Doc

You would have thought they would have at least waited until between sale seasons & the Jr Nat'ls were out of the way.

DL

Hi Doc - welcome aboard the planet!

I stole this from the topic of breed web sites --- might provide someone with some useful info -
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]
GO SABRES!!

This what I think I know about the ASA search feature - the old one was great to use could give you all sorts of info...my understanding is that ist was an Australian based system and that it was tied to the registration funcitons and that it was (get this all you youngsters) DOS based (so it was great for us to search but a pain for those who had to register cattle). Apparently the contract was not renewed and they are using/creating/ whatevering a new system --- apparently they have registered cattle but it isn't clear when the search engine will be up and running for us mortals - you are right - an inconvient time....

stick

Is it an inhouse program or what? Sure would think there would be some tech support if they  put out big bucks for what they're trying to get up and running now. You can pull up info on some American pedigrees on the Aussie site but only if they're registered there too.

garybob

Betcha Fahrmier is in on it, whatever we get around to using. Let's hope it is worth all the trouble of changing.