Shorthorn Plus Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

frostback said:
Cut the BS said:
Doc said:
Cut the BS said:
the good thing about using plus bulls, atleast to the best of my knowlege.. is you never have to buy those stupid, waste of money, bigger screwing AI Certs.

I hate tell you are wrong , but you are(partially). If the calf is sired by AI & you mark the reg. app. as such , they won't register the calf until the owner of the sire releases it. The owner of the sire has to call the ASA & they will charge him $5 , unless he is just releasing a signature for a natural sired calf. Now wether he passes along the the $5 cost or not is up to him.

I have never paid any AI Certs on Shorthorn plus bulls (less than 7/8), or purebred bulls when mated to cross cows for Shorthorn plus calves..  Obviously if you are an owner you don't pay them anytime... 

I thought you dont register anything? I guess you would not pay if you do not register.

frosy.. did you read my words?  If you go back and reread them-- it says NEVER-- which means, not currently... 

Bulldogg

Voodoo Daddy - 3/4 blood THF & PHAF bull sired by Heatseeker. Big boned, sound, nice front. Available at Stepping Stone Genetics.

Attachments

• shorthorn2a2.jpg
    shorthorn2a2.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 229

cattleman70

I have not seen any calves out of him but SUL King James owned by I believe Dan Sullivan in Texas (There's a picture on his ranch page) is one. We own, show, and love a full sib to him. She is super clean neck, freaky hair, and will make a killer bred heifer.

rthomas

Try looking at Sull Flat Good ! He was at the maternallegends sale. He was Lot 101.  I heard Trausch Farms is drawing semen! Blue Roan Bull! I think he is on the sullivan website still!