Shorthorn Plus % ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

This got kind of sticky last year. The rule at this time is 25%. But for national shows they were going to change the percentage as well as parentage. I am not sure how that came out. Some shows were going to go to 50% min. You can not register a Shorthorn Plus on line you have to print the papers and send them in manually.
If you are trying to register a maine. GOOD LUCK. I have been trying for a year. The answer I got on a purebred red and white female was she is red and white not all red she can't be 7/8's shorthorn. I was suppose to have a response but that was about 4 month ago and nothing. I was told the rule is if they are all red. Well how did Warhorse get registered 7/8's and this female is out of Warhorse. So, I am going to pull hair and send it in for DNA. That can't be ignored.

sue

To compete in PACE shows and in Michigan  shows and I think Ohio too. You have to be 50% Shorthorn. You may paper  at  25% Shorthorn, that is a PLUS too and you can sell as a PLUS in most sales.

One thing to keep in mind though- a black shorthorn will never "breed up" unless they turn red.

Yes, If you're a Red Maine then papers at 7/8???

xray88

The red Maine rule is you will be a 3/4 not a 7/8 . Warhorse is a double stuff on a red Maine cow that is how he is 7/8. Just like sully's bull red advantage is a 3/4