shorthorn pregnancies and Fleetwood Mac - oh ELBEE!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

I was preg checking cows today (my own) and discovered a little known fact - when checking cows bred to shorthorn bulls Fleetwood Mac in the background has a positive effect on pregnancies - in fact 100% the effect is not seen in cows bred to Maine bulls (n of one though so it could be an outlier)

we have a 42 day Wymore baby coming - I'll sex this pregnancy in a couple weeks - hoping for a heifer!

OH Breeder

I have found that the Oldies- George, Randy, Merle, Loretta, patsy, are good when AI'ing. One local station plays oldies on the weekends. I usually shoot for cidrs pull to breed on weekends.
Congrats on the baby, as you know we will all be expecting baby pictures.

shortdawg

DL, I've been lucky on my pregnancies too ( lately ). I have two Bloodstone/CF Lucky Charm 255 heifers due in March. I'll have to put in some Fleetwood Mac when I put in my eggs for fall 2008 ! (dog)

Telos

Do you really think playing tunes on your iPod while preg-checking could have some effect on pregnancy rates?  I do not think that would be considered an objective case study. Although, I could understand the type of music or gender of the artist playing at the time of sexing could have a detrimental effect. For instance...Playing some Stevie Nicks would give you a high percentage of heifers. Of course you must remember, the cow has to be wearing the the ear phones for a good success rate. The Acid Rock or Heavy Metal stuff is definitely out of the question if good temperaments is part of your selection criteria... unless you want a bucking bull for the rodeo. Enjoy your iPod!

Gypsy

If  ;) your ipod does great things for your preg checking, just think what it will do for your AI conception rate next year.  (clapping)  Of course like Jack says the earphones have to be in the COW'S ears!  Maybe the tunes you play will even effect the coloring of the calves?  What do you suppose Pink Floyd would get ya?

OH Breeder

Gypsy said:
If  ;) your ipod does great things for your preg checking, just think what it will do for your AI conception rate next year.  (clapping)  Of course like Jack says the earphones have to be in the COW'S ears!  Maybe the tunes you play will even effect the coloring of the calves?  What do you suppose Pink Floyd would get ya?

Another brick in the wall.........

DL

Well I am thinking this may be the way to create the perfect "PURPLE ROAN" - Moody Blues and Pink Floyd - not sure if they should be played in sequence (and which one?) or at the same time (lol)

Now for the iPod - because they sent me a dead one to keep me "happy" they also send me a case - which I never would have bought but is very cool -it looks like a little boom box (8 inches long) and the iPod fits inside - so everyone can hear! The cows seem to favor rock and roll!