Shorthorn+ Reg Requirements

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

No the calf will be a 50% Shorthorn X Angus Sired by Firestorm-Just enter his Registration number x Angus. You can enter hers if she is a registered Angus if not-just say Angus Female for her end. Word to the WISE-If you bred a heifer to Firestorm BE THERE WHEN SHE CALVES

No the calf will be a 50% Shorthorn X Angus Sired by Firestorm-Just enter his Registration number x Angus. You can enter hers if she is a registered Angus if not-just say Angus Female for her end. Word to the WISE-If you bred a heifer to Firestorm BE THERE WHEN SHE CALVES
Thank you! And yes- she’ll be in with a camera, I haven’t missed a calving yet. Only reason I considered it is because she was bred at almost 3 years, and has a good wide set of hips haha. Thanks again!

Have you used comptons how it’s done? My first reg. Shorthorn I’ve been considering sending to him, looking for insight on how he goes to heifers. True calving ease? He looks like a hunk, she’s a lighter frame so I’m just not sure.

mark tenenbaum

Yes flushed a cow to him I have a few cattle with Compton so everything gets bred to him. My buddy in Illinois is using him on all his heifers. I think thats risky with any bull if they are Hi Bw genetics . If they are not hi BW hes working fine so far. A bunch of calves are hitting the ground out of various types of cattle. Ill post the newborn pic and what he looks like at about 3 weeks old He was 68 I think pounds his dam is a first calf heifer and only weighs about 1000 pounds Then there's another one 72 IBs at Cody Venebles he will be the red one. HIDs calves are NO BS heifer size so far and have tremendous performance. Hes gonna make cows-his mother won a bunch of big shows like Acksarban, American Royal etc THEN-cow calf at Jr Nationals with her first And shes raised and produced some VERY good females and males JMO

Attachments

• new hid IMG_5681.jpg
    new hid IMG_5681.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Resized_2 (2).jpg Hid Baby 1.jpg
    Resized_2 (2).jpg Hid Baby 1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 17
  • hid venable Resized_2 (2).jpg
    hid venable Resized_2 (2).jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Hid 3 weeks IMG_5687.jpg
    Hid 3 weeks IMG_5687.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yes flushed a cow to him I have a few cattle with Compton so everything gets bred to him. My buddy in Illinois is using him on all his heifers. I think thats risky with any bull if they are Hi Bw genetics . If they are not hi BW hes working fine so far. A bunch of calves are hitting the ground out of various types of cattle. Ill post the newborn pic and what he looks like at about 3 weeks old He was 68 I think pounds his dam is a first calf heifer and only weighs about 1000 pounds Then there's another one 72 IBs at Cody Venebles he will be the red one. HIDs calves are NO BS heifer size so far and have tremendous performance. Hes gonna make cows-his mother won a bunch of big shows like Acksarban, American Royal etc THEN-cow calf at Jr Nationals with her first And shes raised and produced some VERY good females and males JMO
Nice calves! Know where I could order semen? Might as well breed my other back to him when she drops her firestorm calf.

mark tenenbaum

OK Jim Compton has a shipper or you can get it from SEK GENETICS I think once you see some more of the calves he will prove a good investment. And hes been collected at whats probably one of the best studs in the US PM me if you want some. Need to know how many straws.We will get it to you .

Last edited:
OK Jim Compton has a shipper or you can get it from SEK GENETICS I think once you see some more of the calves he will prove a good investment. And hes been collected at whats probably one of the best studs in the US PM me if you want some. Need to know how many straws.We will get it to you .
Looking into getting my own ai tank so I can have it shipped straight to me, our ai gal is moving to Montana. Need to get my last couple firestorm straws out of her tanks. Better learn how to just do it myself too, hopefully a couple months and I'll order 4 or 5!
Much appreciated!!

mark tenenbaum

Have you used comptons how it’s done? My first reg. Shorthorn I’ve been considering sending to him, looking for insight on how he goes to heifers. True calving ease? He looks like a hunk, she’s a lighter frame so I’m just not sure.
Yes and there are several good ones out of first calf heifers and young cows. Nothing over 72 pounds so farOne was a couple months old at the national JR show with his dam who is a very moderate maybe 1100 plus pounds. Tho he was only 63 pounds at birth (I HAVE PICS) he is now a BEAST Thickest biggest topped calf at the whole show BACK THEN. Im hoping to get some recent pics Ill post them. Hes going to be close to 50% or more of his dams weight when he weans. Thats not to say HID or any bull is fool proof. But he does alot of good things

mark tenenbaum

OK Shorthorn stuff I had to stop a video to get the 3+- month old HID Calf pictures at the Junior Nationals They dont do it at all.-SCROLL UP ABOVE TO APRIL- some more of him from a day old and 3 weeks. The second shows more what hes really like AND A GOOD RED BULL CALF ABOUT HIS AGE BACK THEN I really want to see him now hear hes really something. But look how stout that rascal is to be just baby. The stills are blurred and awkward-but hes got a top like a Euclid Rock Truck-and hes kept going that way. Hes going to sell as a bull. His 1100 pound (first calf heifer) MOTHER AINT NO SLOUCH NEITHER

Attachments

• IMG_6243 HID BABY 2.jpg
    IMG_6243 HID BABY 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6239 HID baby Nat Jr show.jpg
    IMG_6239 HID baby Nat Jr show.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6236 Hid baby 3.jpg
    IMG_6236 Hid baby 3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6235 Hid baby 4.jpg
    IMG_6235 Hid baby 4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6244 HID BABY 1.jpg
    IMG_6244 HID BABY 1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OK Shorthorn stuff I had to stop a video to get the 3+- month old HID Calf pictures at the Junior Nationals They dont do it at all.-SCROLL UP ABOVE TO APRIL- some more of him from a day old and 3 weeks. The second shows more what hes really like AND A GOOD RED BULL CALF ABOUT HIS AGE BACK THEN I really want to see him now hear hes really something. But look how stout that rascal is to be just baby. The stills are blurred and awkward-but hes got a top like a Euclid Rock Truck-and hes kept going that way. Hes going to sell as a bull. His 1100 pound (first calf heifer) MOTHER AINT NO SLOUCH NEITHER
Thank you! Quite the hunk right there!! Excited to get one of his on the ground hopefully next year.

mark tenenbaum

While Im waiting on a picture Of the How Its Done from the Nat Jr Show Heres AN HIDxNO Worries 71 pound BW-Lotta grow These calves by him are peas in a pod

Attachments

• IMG_6807 HID x no worries.jpg
    IMG_6807 HID x no worries.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: