shorthorn registrations

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

OK Shorthorn people I was wondering....is registration getting any better for you guys?  We bought a shorthorn plus over a month ago..and haven't received any papers.  I wasn't sure if I need to "hound" anyone or not.  Guess I'm spoiled by Mary and the girls at the Maine Anjou office.

aj

It is backed up really bad. The important thing is that they get it right. I know the kla show in hutch is bending over backwards to make the deal work for everybody. He knows the situation. ;D

DLD

We were waiting for papers that had been sent in nearly 2 months prior when it was time to go to Tulsa. I called and talked to Shirley (I think it was, anyway) on Wednesday morning and had papers in my mailbox on Friday. Might give that a try.

cattlechick

Ok, this is not a question about how long it takes to get papers back, but, what is the lowest % shorty to register as a shorthorn plus?

jnm

The online registration works real well. Very easy to use. the registration paper came within a few days after I hit the "go" button. My problem has been getting AI certificates put in my account. The Semen companies say they have mailed them, on some Gwen acknowledged she received request; but still not in account!

OH Breeder

jnm said:
The online registration works real well. Very easy to use. the registration paper came within a few days after I hit the "go" button. My problem has been getting AI certificates put in my account. The Semen companies say they have mailed them, on some Gwen acknowledged she received request; but still not in account!

When you are registering for yourself- YOu are right online works great. BUT, when you are waiting on transfer papers from someone else. IT TAKES FOREVER! :-\

ELBEE

I believe that after the on-line reg. is in place a while it will become real popular. I have used it and like it.

Gwen spent a lot of time, with anyone who wished, walking them trough the program at Louisville.

Some of the instructions from the programmer are incomplete, and it's very important to carefully read Gwen's E-mail.

Also we need to keep pressure on "the powers that be" to get the programmer to complete the instructions, and add a section to transfer on-line.

And on a personal note: My hats off to Shirley Miller for holding the office together this past year. Over 30 years of "service under fire" and she's still there working for us. "Atta girl Shirley!"