Shorthorn Shows

Help Support Steer Planet:

Clubcalfshowgirl

Is there any Shorthorn shows clost to FL,GA,AL ?
Do they have to be reg. shorthorns or what??
Any info about this would be good.

SKF

Perry, ga show coming up next month has both shorthorn steer and heifer classes, heifers have to be reg. In Florida, the Kissimmee show in Oct has a shorthorn heifer class and in Jan. South Florida fair has shorthorn heifer and bull classes. All the shows req. they be reg. Perry is the only one I know of that shows steers by breeds all the Florida steer shows are done by weight not breed. That's all I can think of right now. Try the Georgia Club Calves Producers association web site they will have a lot of the Georgia shows I think they have more breed classes.

JbarL

SKF said:
Perry, ga show coming up next month has both shorthorn steer and heifer classes, heifers have to be reg. In Florida, the Kissimmee show in Oct has a shorthorn heifer class and in Jan. South Florida fair has shorthorn heifer and bull classes. All the shows req. they be reg. Perry is the only one I know of that shows steers by breeds all the Florida steer shows are done by weight not breed. That's all I can think of right now. Try the Georgia Club Calves Producers association web site they will have a lot of the Georgia shows I think they have more breed classes.

is the perry show in fl or georgia????  i was undersanding it was in fl.......quite north but still in fl??? 

SKF

The Perry show is in Perry, Georgia. It's right off of I-75

SKF

It's July19-21 entries had to be in by June 1

shortdawg

Perry, GA is 136 miles from the Fl line on I-75. During the GA Nat'l in Oct. there will be Open Shows for most all breeds during the week after the Jr. Shows. It's a great place to show cattle. There are also Open Shows in TN and SC during the ealy fall for Shorthorns as well as other breeds.

Clubcalfshowgirl

shortdawg said:
Perry, GA is 136 miles from the Fl line on I-75. During the GA Nat'l in Oct. there will be Open Shows for most all breeds during the week after the Jr. Shows. It's a great place to show cattle. There are also Open Shows in TN and SC during the ealy fall for Shorthorns as well as other breeds.

PLEASE let me know about these other shows. Ya i am way late for entrys for the GA show! I didnt have a ride up there b/c my parents were going to be out of town that weekend. Please let me know about the GA Nat'l  i think that interfears with a show that we have in kissimmee and the kissimmee show for us is Fri.-Sun.