Shorthorn website

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

Is it just me , but it seems like everytime on a weekend I try to get on to look something up or register some calves , the system is down. It sure gets discouraging.

Okotoks

I assumed they were offline to do maitainence or updates but this will be about the third weekend I can't get on.

uluru

I am glad to hear I am not the only one with difficulties getting on the site and that it is not at my end.
I rebooted several times with no success to determine if I could solve the isssue.
I don't understand why they have to be down as much as they are during the day time especially when they are pushing on line actvity vs paper
Do your admin at night

justintime

the truth said:
the asa website works for me about as much as the state workers who lean on shovels. 

I was also trying to use the ASA website last night, and it was down. I must be lucky as I am on it quite regularly and this is the first time I could not get the info I was looking for

J

JTM

I have been having trouble getting on the site to look up pedigrees. I think we should organize a mass activist e-mail complaining.  ;)

DRB

I've had problems on and off for the last little while too.  Seems their pedigree search goes offline every once in awhile.

For the Canadian guys, I like this parallel site to the CLRC one, shows the same information (he pulls it from CLRC) but he display's it in a different way (similarly no EPDs though, so we still need ASA).  Very good for looking at linebreeding and easily determining the number of crosses of a particular sire in a calf.  Some of it doesn't work well, but surely an extra useful tool :)

http://www.palmpig.ca/directory/breeder?herd_id=25204

Above would be my listing, but obviously you can look up any other Canadian herd.

LittleHeifer

Well it seems like we have a very tiny window to get in cause now its not working. :mad:

I have sent an email to Amanda Reeson the director of communication. Hopefully she will have some insight for us and will be able to get the problem fixed.

Little Heifer (angel)

LittleHeifer

Ok so I got an email back. They are aware of problem and have people working on it. They can't figure out why it keeps going down. The best advice they can give is if you can find the time durring the week then do it then.
Little Heifer