Shorthorn wins Canadian AllBreeds show

Help Support Steer Planet:

scotland

2yr daughter of JSF Addicted with her Jsf Capiche bull calf at foot was declared
supreme  champion at the recent Canadian All Breeds  show held in Bash Alberta, congratulation Kc Cattle Company, the Dodgson of Sangudo Alberta on their great win.

Attachments

• sparkle pair.jpg
    sparkle pair.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 428

trevorgreycattleco

I think the addicted bull is one of the best if not the best proud jazz son I've seen.  Scotland, you have a good eye. I think it nice to see cattle with popular American genetics winning up north. I know it's happened before but these cattle appear to me to be very moderate.

sue

That Definately worked.  Beautiful udder too!   

justintime

That is a great looking pair, and this is a big win. The Canadian All Breeds show is one of the toughest in the country. I agree with TGCC in that I think Addicted is the best Proud Jazz son I have seen. Congrats to the Dodgson family on presenting this great pair!

kidsandkows

Beautiful pair! And I love that a nice moderate framed female like that will wean such a nice heavy calf. Those are the kinds of cows we should all be looking for. Hopefully she can do it on grass now too.

Okotoks

A great pair, the 2 year old was bred by Kenlene Shorthorns at Ponoka. She was also shown at foot of her two year dam Gar-lind Sparkle 96U, a HSF Dreamweaver daughter. They did a fair share of winning. 96U came from Rose’s but was bred by Matlock and her dam’s full sister is shown below.
Congrats to the Dodgson's on a great job!

JAKE'S PROUD LEADER 243H -[USA]*4034704-
  JAKE'S PROUD JAZZ 266L X-[USA]*4058319-    
    JAKE'S JAZZY 250J X-[USA]*AR32364-
  JSF ADDICTED 82U X-[CAN]*17225-    
      RB EAGLE 255TH X-[USA]*4024655-
    JSF ADELAIDE 0445E -[USA]4100118-    
    JR ADELAIDE 21K X-[USA]*4027136-
KENLENE SPARKLE 18X  
    MARELLAN SUPER DAZZLER X-[US]3909543-
    HHFS DREAM WEAVER X-[CAN]M467673-    
      TS JEANIE MARIE BC X-[USA]3865674-
  GAR-LIND SPARKLE 96U X-[CAN]F685336-    
    NICOL LARADO 3L X-[CAN]M469292-
  MATLOCK SPARKLE 96S X-[CAN]F682339-    
  WILD ACRES GCM LISA 13L X-[CAN]*10136-

Attachments

• Matlock NL Lisa 31R.jpg
    Matlock NL Lisa 31R.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,186

RyanChandler

trevorgreycattleco said:
I think the addicted bull is one of the best if not the best proud jazz son I've seen.  Scotland, you have a good eye. I think it nice to see cattle with popular American genetics winning up north. I know it's happened before but these cattle appear to me to be very moderate.

He looks like a throwback to 148th to me.  Too bad RB went out, there seems to be a lot of cattle I like that go back to them.

I plan on using a bull bred real similar to Addicted next spring, JSF/RB Proud Jake 49U.

There's a pretty salty lookin JPJ son at Paint Valley too.

trevorgreycattleco

-XBAR- said:
trevorgreycattleco said:
I think the addicted bull is one of the best if not the best proud jazz son I've seen.  Scotland, you have a good eye. I think it nice to see cattle with popular American genetics winning up north. I know it's happened before but these cattle appear to me to be very moderate.

He looks like a throwback to 148th to me.  Too bad RB went out, there seems to be a lot of cattle I like that go back to them.

I plan on using a bull bred real similar to Addicted next spring, JSF Proud Jake 49U.

There's a pretty salty lookin JPJ son at Paint Valley too.

Complete has two shots of 148. I agree he was a good bull. My only concern on 148 is maternal calving ease. I forgot about Mr Millers bull just north of me. I agree. He is a good rip as well. I wonder what the cow pictured above is mated to this year? I'd like to flush her two different ways.

scotland

thanks for all the positive feed back, Addicted semen is stored at Hawkey breeders in Iowa and Alta in Alberta. Pictured another Addicted 2yr old, all have beautiful udders with nice small well placed teats.

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 279

itk

frostback said:
Cool pair,  but I thought all Canadian cows were 8 framed and 2000lbs?

They are. What you don't know is the photograper is fifty yards back to get them in the frame. ;D

garybob

itk said:
frostback said:
Cool pair,  but I thought all Canadian cows were 8 framed and 2000lbs?

They are. What you don't know is the photograper is fifty yards back to get them in the frame. ;D
idk, itk, I doubt those are monster cattle, unless the young folks on the halter are 6ft ten inches tall, Lol!

;)GB

scotland

October 20, 2012  a flush on her dam GarLind Sparkle , sells in the Classic sale handle by DonSavage Auction... consigned by Kenlen Shorthorns

Okotoks

scotland said:
October 20, 2012  a flush on her dam GarLind Sparkle , sells in the Classic sale handle by DonSavage Auction... consigned by Kenlen Shorthorns
Here is a photo of GarLind Sparkle with the Champion at foot!

Attachments

• garlind sparkle.jpg
    garlind sparkle.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 148