Shorty hf bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

Updated pdf modified so you can view both colour and bw on the same page as the bull's name and epd information

Attachments

• shorty heifer bull list.pdf
    233.9 KB · Views: 172

knabe

jaimiediamond said:
Updated pdf modified so you can view both colour and bw on the same page as the bull's name and epd information

you would think the AAA would be that helpful.  instead, they charge for anything above not being helpful.

thunderdownunder

Here's four other proven sires

Attachments

• Bundaleer United Chief U21.jpg
    Bundaleer United Chief U21.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 141
  • Nagol Park Y2K Wallstreet W035.jpg
    Nagol Park Y2K Wallstreet W035.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 135
  • The Grove Kookaburra W735.jpg
    The Grove Kookaburra W735.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Weebollabolla Waratah W26.jpg
    Weebollabolla Waratah W26.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 152

Okotoks

There are 29 red bulls pictured above and a lot of them have sired several red sons that are in use as well. Some of us don't have to worry as much about the red color. We shipped a few steers last week and there was one white one and one red with lots of white marks and those two were both in the highselling group! That is the first time I have had that happen. In a lot of markets I think the solid red bulls will appeal and work really well keeping the solid color pattern when they are crossed. That solid color is what a lot of commercial men and cattle buyers like.

Okotoks

thunderdownunder said:
Those are 4 good Aussie bulls! Both Bundaleer United Chief and The Grove Kookaburra have been used in North America. We are hoping for a successful flush this week to The Grove Kookaburra.

thunderdownunder

Okotoks said:
thunderdownunder said:
Those are 4 good Aussie bulls! Both Bundaleer United Chief and The Grove Kookaburra have been used in North America. We are hoping for a successful flush this week to The Grove Kookaburra.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you too <party> !!! Which cow?

sue

I thought Bundaleer United Chief was in Waukauru's line up only??? Is the semen available to the open market?

Yeh- Jamie diamond you crack me up I see a type A  personality ?  ;) I am going to save the list but can you update it when the epd's change again ?

trevorgreycattleco

That is impressive. Thanks Jaimie! I like the Kookaburra bull alot as well. 29 red bulls is a good starting point. How many of these bulls were "show bulls"? I'm guessing very few.

jaimiediamond

sue said:
I thought Bundaleer United Chief was in Waukauru's line up only??? Is the semen available to the open market?

Yeh- Jamie diamond you crack me up I see a type A  personality ?  ;) I am going to save the list but can you update it when the epd's change again ?
trevorgreycattleco said:
That is impressive. Thanks Jaimie! I like the Kookaburra bull alot as well. 29 red bulls is a good starting point. How many of these bulls were "show bulls"? I'm guessing very few.

Sue I will be keeping it up to date, I think I will go do some more off the forum research as well to add to the list.  I know we haven't even begun to list all of the good bulls that are light birth weight calving ease sires. 

There are a few show bulls tgcc 269 might be the most famous as he was National Champion in both US and Can.  I have looked through my list (obsessive compulsive) and I have found at least 9 bulls that have walked in a show ring (not all winners).  Not a high percentage but it does show that both worlds overlap!

sue

I wouldnt bother with the trophy winner category.

sue

IMAGINE IF THE TABLES TURNED:

Angus Association(s) black or red  started a %  AngusX British Program???

thunderdownunder

sue said:

That I don't know. I haven't used the bull myself but if you can get some semen... he's worth a throw I think.

thunderdownunder

trevorgreycattleco said:

Of the four I've just posted, three haven't been shown.. you can see which one has! And he's well and truly proven himself as a sire, he is standing at Dunbeacon Shorthorns- home of Venture.
Kookaburra was overlooked for the show string, and then went on to do an outstanding job for the Belmore stud. I have an absolute cracker of a heifer by him. He's available in North America.

trevorgreycattleco

I am not saying the ones that got shown are bad. Just neat to see all the different options that never see the light of the shows.

sue, I can see the RA doing it before the AAA does. As a outsider lookin in right now I don't know if they could order a pizza without it starting a 3 hour debate. I think the Assoc may have finally outgrown its britches to a harmful point. Good idea on your part tho.

IMO it is sad to see all the different breeds turn black to try and remain profitable or gain more acceptance. We as breeders should be smarter than that. I like the idea of using breeds or strains to produce the final product. When the majority of breeds turn black, we are eliminating many good cattle and breeding options for the sake of color and in the end it only sets us back. Sorry I'm bored watching 2-4 inches of rain beginning to set in. It's 33 degrees and dark at 5:45. I hate this time of year. After reading jaimied saying -27 I should shut up and enjoy this balmy weather. O0

Okotoks

thunderdownunder said:
Okotoks said:
thunderdownunder said:

I'll have my fingers crossed for you too <party> !!! Which cow?
It's the Diamond Dottie 55G cow, she was set up to breed today so I guess the flush will be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

sue

trevorgreycattleco said:
I am not saying the ones that got shown are bad. Just neat to see all the different options that never see the light of the shows.

sue, I can see the RA doing it before the AAA does. As a outsider lookin in right now I don't know if they could order a pizza without it starting a 3 hour debate. I think the Assoc may have finally outgrown its britches to a harmful point. Good idea on your part tho.

IMO it is sad to see all the different breeds turn black to try and remain profitable or gain more acceptance. We as breeders should be smarter than that. I like the idea of using breeds or strains to produce the final product. When the majority of breeds turn black, we are eliminating many good cattle and breeding options for the sake of color and in the end it only sets us back. Sorry I'm bored watching 2-4 inches of rain beginning to set in. It's 33 degrees and dark at 5:45. I hate this time of year. After reading jaimied saying -27 I should shut up and enjoy this balmy weather. O0

RA has a category 3 program now.... which would include Durham Reds  in theory . Let's just be frank and take a close look at" what if" a Angus Association  could  offer vs. ASA? Again a theory- let's face it British is hot- we all know composite is program for now and the future.

oakbar

Wow!!  Thanks for putting that list together, Jamie!!  I can see what I'll be doing on this icy, drizzly night.  I hope our internet connection holds on so I can do some further investigations on some of these bulls.

Thanks again!!

Davis Shorthorns

thunderdownunder said:
trevorgreycattleco said:

Of the four I've just posted, three haven't been shown.. you can see which one has! And he's well and truly proven himself as a sire, he is standing at Dunbeacon Shorthorns- home of Venture.
Kookaburra was overlooked for the show string, and then went on to do an outstanding job for the Belmore stud. I have an absolute cracker of a heifer by him. He's available in North America.

Where can you find it?  What frame score is Kookaburra?