Shorty hf bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

Trevorgrey
Here is Buckshot's photo.
He is on the list!
Shadybrook has it listed on their website as being available in the US. I wish it was available in Canada!

http://www.shadybrook.ca/

Here are Buckshot's EPD's

CE+ 4.9    BW+2.0  WW+ 26    YW+44   Milk +8  

Attachments

• Deer Trail Buckshot 5073..jpg
    Deer Trail Buckshot 5073..jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 169

trevorgreycattleco

Thanks Okotoks. I remember this fella. My memory sucks anymore from all the years living like a rock star. :mad:  Here is a lesson for you kids. Always consequences for your actions.

sue

You another older bull - solid red is Woodside Beaujolais.. if i'm not mistaken doublebred Creole son ? Semen sold privately, probably never a great photo taken . I loved that bull, way ahead of his time.

Okotoks

sue said:
You another older bull - solid red is Woodside Beaujolais.. if i'm not mistaken doublebred Creole son ? Semen sold privately, probably never a great photo taken . I loved that bull, way ahead of his time.
Sue it sounds like Lakeside Ripper will be making the heifer bull list. Good reports on his calves!

sue

Yes, so far they are happy with the calves. I hope to see Matlock and a nice big group of calves in green pastures later this summer.

GM

Durham said:
A true heifer bull. -5.7 BEPD and +14.3 CED.

Does anyone have any reports on this guys calves?  How do they perform, are they good, is he still alive, etc?  Thanks!  GM

Okotoks

GM said:
Durham said:

Does anyone have any reports on this guys calves?  How do they perform, are they good, is he still alive, etc?  Thanks!  GM
JR Conquest 62K x4092075 it looks like he is still being used. It would be nice to see photos of some of his offspring.

Okotoks

Okotoks said:
GM said:
Durham said:

JR Conquest 62K x4092075 it looks like he is still being used. It would be nice to see photos of some of his offspring.
Durham do you have pics of offspring?

coyote

Muridale Briggs 25W, so far is proving himself as a Shorty hf bull. We have had 3 unassisted calves so far out of heifers weighing 78, 72 and 85 pounds.
He will be selling at the Who's your Daddy Bull sale in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, April 7.

Attachments

• 25w 018 - Copy.JPG
    25w 018 - Copy.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 125

Okotoks

coyote said:
Muridale Briggs 25W, so far is proving himself as a Shorty hf bull. We have had 3 unassisted calves so far out of heifers weighing 78, 72 and 85 pounds.
He will be selling at the Who's your Daddy Bull sale in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, April 7.
How would you compare Briggs 25W to Bonanza and Tradition for calving ease?

coyote

Briggs 25W, I would say is an easier calving sire than Bonanza or Tradition .
Right now we are getting calves out of our heifers by both Briggs 25W and Buster 2nd 76P, and the weights are in the same range for both bulls. Buster 2nd 76P's BW EPD is -5.2 , time will tell if 25w will get #'s like that, but right now we are real pleased with his calves, and calving ease.

sjcattleco

coyote said:
Briggs 25W, I would say is an easier calving sire than Bonanza or Tradition .
Right now we are getting calves out of our heifers by both Briggs 25W and Buster 2nd 76P, and the weights are in the same range for both bulls. Buster 2nd 76P's BW EPD is -5.2 , time will tell if 25w will get #'s like that, but right now we are real pleased with his calves, and calving ease.

Did you get my email?

Durham

I found a few pics of Conquest sons we have sold. I will post them for you all to see.

Attachments

• 312T.JPG
    312T.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 165