Show awards

Help Support Steer Planet:

KCK

I have been put on a committee to decide on the awards for a summer show. Could everyone help me out and give some suggestions, Web sites, pictures, etc., of their favorite awards? I have a few ideas, but I need a wide range- from class winners to Grands.

Thanks for the help!
KCK

inthebarnagain

Embroidered chairs, show harnesses, gift certificates to a place for jackets, but they can pick their jacket, you specify what gets embroidered on.  If they want a higher priced jacket then they can pay the difference.  My daughter won County Born and Raised.  They picked a carhartt in the denim blue and used white embroidery.  UGLY.  Plus she won't be able to wear it for another 3 or 4 years, it is huge. 

justme

KCK...I own www.funkystitches.com  I have lots of neat ideas and being from SP...I'd work with you on prices.  Contact me privately and I can give you some ideas and prices. (thumbsup)

farmboy

you mean prizes or cash prizes

class winners should get atleast an entry fee back and maybe a trophy
grand/reserve around here at smaller shows usually get around 500 bucks

Show Heifer

How about saving bonds of various amounts. Class winners maybe 50, division 100, grand 500????

Or a gift cert to the favorite show supply place...sullivans, vittoe, whatever.

If the show is major, a favorite award I got was a photo of my calf and I, framed and matted. Very nice brass name plate with show info.

I am not a trophy person....rather have the cash! 

doubled

One of the boys favorites was a wooden TV tray that had a calf burned into the top of it and then what you won Like Supreme Market Animal on the top too,
it was awesome to display- The kids also liked the Jackets really well-  We got a really cool plaque once with a leather front on it very cool.

justme

Show Heifer said:
How about saving bonds of various amounts. Class winners maybe 50, division 100, grand 500????

Or a gift cert to the favorite show supply place...sullivans, vittoe, whatever.

If the show is major, a favorite award I got was a photo of my calf and I, framed and matted. Very nice brass name plate with show info.

I am not a trophy person....rather have the cash! 

Great if your an adult, but my daughter is 10 and she won a gift certificate for a show supply booth and was a little disheartened, greatful though.  She traded her dad the certificate for a lawn chair I'm making her lol.  When your ten it sure means alot to have that chair and "bragging" rights.

rhdrachel

hey kc here are 2 places i like, www.sjcattlecreations.com and then www.classicleatherdesigns.com - classic leather just came out with these really cool belt buckle display cases that are cowhide and also have a place for a picture frame and they are really cool ttyl

Jill

We won 2 of the wooden TV trays at Jr. Nationals in Missouri and they are great, we use them all the time.  I've attached a picture of clipper boxes we gave for a couple years and they were requested back as prizes.

Attachments

• PICT00911.jpg
    PICT00911.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 354

Rocky Hill Simmental

At one show I go to they give out lawn chairs that say "Grand Champion" on them to all the breed champions. Those are kind of neat but I'd be scared to get it dirty or someone would steal it.

Honestly I like torphys and rossettes. Also the belt buckles look really cool. I've never won a belt buckle but I'd like to.  ;D

I like it at shows when they give out ribbons too (to the top 5 in the class or whatever) so that way you can hang them on a their halter and everyone can see how they placed. Not many shows give out ribbons but I like them. After the fair, I like to hang them on my wall next to a picture of my animal at the fair.

txshowlamb

My favorites and always want one bekt buckle, rosette,cash,trophys,something you can cherish and look back on for the years to come like I think the best the belt buckles because you can wear it and show them off!!!

redwingfarm

I agree with the belt buckles, as they a great bragging sign, I would also suggest to have a pro photographer at the show to take take great pics and then get the pic for each winner framed and send to the family for a great keepsake