Show Bull selection

Help Support Steer Planet:

BlazeFaces

We've been doing commercial cattle for forever but our daughter just aged into 4H and wants to show. We've always chosen by EPDs and it appears most of the show bulls have EPDs we would never choose for commercial but obviously have the typey look.  I need some help selecting the appropriate AI bulls for what we have and what we need.

Purebred Simmentals-- What PB Simmental AI Bull would you cross with...
1-Heifer by Pay the Price
2-Cow by Allegiance x GW Lucky Dice cow
3-Cow by Sandeen Upper Class
4-Cow by Allegiance x GVC Macho Man cow

I'd also like to cross a few commercial Simmentals with Chi? Maine? Shorthorn?  Something we can register and show in classes like SH Plus, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

CRS

If you still want to keep numbers in them look at Loverboy.  He has really good API and TI numbers and will make pretty nice females.  His bulls aren't too bad either.  I have really liked the W/C Password calves, he's a full brother to Relentless and he just makes them really complete.  If you're wanting competitive steers, you will have to jump in the clubby market. 

Steve123

I know this isn't what you were asking....but if you want to raise something for your daughter. Buy embryos and use your cows for recips. You can get some really good mating's from the big boys and save yourself a lot of trial and error.

Tallcool1

Steve123 said:
I know this isn't what you were asking....but if you want to raise something for your daughter. Buy embryos and use your cows for recips. You can get some really good mating's from the big boys and save yourself a lot of trial and error.

I agree.  By the time you get the genetics figured out and start raising some good show quality calves...the kids will be done showing.