show heifer accident

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

Mcdonald Show Animals said:
Well we are going to try and find another heifer asap so if any one in our area has some we can look at please let me know. I usually dont leave them tied up like I did her I thought she had enough rope if anything happened I see I was wrong the thing everyone has said about having a knife there we keep one right there in the feed room but when I got there it was to late. Thanks for everyones condolences feel free to send info on calves that you have for sale. My daughter wants to start looking soon.
870-545-3343, JFR Angus, James & Billye Sue Roberts. 250-head Linebred Emulous bloodline Black Angus. Herd performs well, even on "Fescue and Rocks". Located in the Osage River Bottoms, surrounded by the ''foothills'' of the Boston Mountains ( the roughest, steepest part of the Ozark Highlands Region), just S of Green Forest, and NE of Huntsville, Arkansas. Hour and a half east of Fayetteville-Springdale, OR 45 minutes just south of Branson, Mo. However you look at it, it would be worth your trip from Oklahoma.
Never bred the 8-frame, skinny Giants (R&J Taurus, Harrison, etc), and stayed true to basic maternal function. when everyone in the Angus breed was breeding fir the showring, James was sending steers to CAB Feed-outs and verification trials ( Bull Gain Tests, etc). Had an 83% 'CAB' ACCEPTANCE RATE, WHILE KICKING BUTT ON CONVERSION AND GAIN. Currently, they are "working" bulls with all 8 DNA markers (per Genestar). They've only turned one bull out in the past two years with 7 stars ( he was minus one "tender''). Very acceptable phenotype, and, would be a good start  for a new "cow family'' at your place.

Very good, disciplined Breeder of Angus Cattle.

GB

strawroanlova

:'(im really sorry.this is gonna hurt but you cannot hide it from your daughter you need to tell her,it would work better that way then if u let her wonder.remember its not ur fault and your daughter will not be mad because your her parent

KDSC

he already has told her :'( she knows and she wants to find another heifer online :'(

strawroanlova

i dont know what your willing to pay but if you goto www.showsteers.com and click upcoming sales there are alot of nice heifers

Mcdonald Show Animals

we are looking for a heifer we have a few places lined up to look at over the next few weekends. I work for a John Deere store so I  only have one day a week off of work so it might take a while. thanks for everyones suggestions and help. 

Diamond

Sorry for the loss of your heifer, its always tough when you loose one, be it by birth, bloat, or any tragic event. I have had a few close calls but after my first I bought a set of bolt cutters, its a bit extreme but it slices threw them halters like butter.

reno1014

You know what?  You just taught me a lesson.  This is our first year and I had NO idea that could happen.  We often tie our steer up high at lunch
and then my son goes out and lets him down after school.  NOBODY is around.  I am so sorry about your heifer...but thanks for waking me up! By the way
the only knife I own are the ones in the kitchen.  I will get one for the barn now too.  Our steer is a huge baby....but anything could spook him, you just
never know. THANK YOU !

rmbcows

here's a pic of the pac man hf.  Hopefully I got it resized and you can see it...

Attachments

• pacmanhf2.JPG
    pacmanhf2.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 234

Latest posts