Show Heifer - You might not want to read, I am going to talk about my daughter!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

To all of you "nice people" that gave great advice on my daughter's show steer "Romo" , I want to say THANK YOU!!!  My daughter won her class yesterday at our county fair, it was a hard class too.  She showed that steer like a champ!! The judge said he was one of the best finished steers he has ever put his hands on.  He also said she would have won reserve grand champion but soundness issues came in to play.  I was thrilled over how she placed, I could not have asked for anything better.  This steer had Mycoplasma back in October and was one step away from dying.  Everyone pretty much thought he would not amount to anything when he got sick because he lost alot of weight and muscle, his top looked awful.  But as a family we worked on that steer and pushed him hard after he got well and our hard work paid off!!  To my daughter:  I am very proud of you and I love you dearly!!  (clapping) (angel)

cowz

SHOW BOX MOTHERS UNITE!    Good job, congrats and keep the faith!    <party>

knabe

i guess i'll have to stick up for show heifer here.  she was just making a comment, it was apparently wrong, but perhaps right in her experience, perhaps not enough info was in the thread, digested by her, whatever.  in america, we have the right to be wrong.  maybe not much longer.

happy days.

justme

I just think she took the criticizim personally like a couple others.  Just take it as a grain of salt and keep posting everyone.  Glad your daughter did so well.  I remember when you all were worried about that steer.  CONGRATULATIONS! (thumbsup)

red

I'm taking a plunge here:
Show Hef didn't start the no kid talk idea. She might have chimed in.
Also to be honest if we don't let everyone have a voice here we are to sink. I don't want to gang up on people like it was done on SS.

After that- CONGRATS to her!!!! I knew she could it! It will all make the victory that much sweeter! You should be very proud of her & your whole family! good luck & win many more!!!!  <party> <party> (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) <party> <party> <party> (welcome) (welcome) (welcome) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> <party> (angel) (angel) (angel)

mrs sawboss

CONGRATULATIONS!  I was thinking about you earlier in the week and wondered how the show went!  I didn't have time to get on Steer Planet yesterday and make a post.  How exciting!!!!!! So, how about some pics of the big day?  Love to see them!!!!!

Simmymom1

mrs sawboss said:
CONGRATULATIONS!  I was thinking about you earlier in the week and wondered how the show went!  I didn't have time to get on Steer Planet yesterday and make a post.  How exciting!!!!!! So, how about some pics of the big day?  Love to see them!!!!!

(angel)  mrs sawboss - Well I just made it back to work today and finally back on the computer.  I have not had a chance to tell everyone how she also did with her heifer on Thursday at the fair.  She won her division and she also got first place in showmanship and won another beautiful buckle.  I was so proud of her last week, she really had a good one.  I tell you, that Kirk Stierwalt showmanship video that I bought for her has really paid off.  She has won 2 showmanship belt buckles in a matter of a month!!!  Way to go Kirk for your knowledge that you put into that video!!!  Her steer sold in the sale on Saturday and she made some pretty good money, now she wants to buy another heifer with some of her money.  I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.  Thank you all for your support for my daughter, it means the world to me!    Lisa 

red

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (welcome) (welcome) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) <party> <party> <party> (angel) (angel) :D :D :D (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> <party>