Show in about three and a half weeks. . . Advice?

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerkid21

I have my fair show in about three and a half weeks and i have two steers and two heifers to show . . . all pretty good but would like one more boost of hair before the show. . .Im 17 and i keep them in the cooler all day after rinsing and drying them in the morning and rinse them at night before letting them out for the night to water. . . .  any advice?

showqueen95

Brush, Brush and Brush till your arms fall off, and maybe feed them some melatonin, or a hairgrowing supplement. (thumbsup)

vc

Your evening rinsing try rinsing with child water after you rinse them normally, and yes you should be blowing and combing on them constantly, with four head I would guess you should spend half your day or more working hair. The hair always seems to really come on in the end if you have been putting in the work consistently everyday.

The Show

Its a little late to implant them now. If I was going to use a supplement I would recommend Shag.

cowchick14

Yeah like everyone has said, really work the brush and the blower. Blow their hair upward. I use kleen sheen every night and it seems to be making my steer's hair look good, fee softl and come in prettyl thick. Good luck at fair, make sure you post how you do:)

OH Breeder

At this point you should also be trying to bring them up out of the temps in the cooler. If you take them directly from cooler all day and then to a show all day or week at a show they will suffer. Rinse and brush is about the best thing you can do. Brush and til their is no rice root left. We have used the roto on calves that have alot of hair. One calf in loved it on his body and would lean in to it.