Show Number Harness

Help Support Steer Planet:

kvhranch

Are these really required to show?  So far we have just pinned the number on the boys back.  But that's because my background is horse shows and that's what we have always done there.  I know they aren't that expensive - just wondering if it's really that big of a deal.

Belties R Us

ive only been to a couple shows and one of the shows had it has a requirement but the others did not specify.

ROMAX

They have the clip that goes on your belt to hold the number,do some shows frown on these or is it just preference?Back when i was in 4H we wore our numbers on a piece of cardboard made into a hat on our heads DORKY !

PaFFA Proud

We were told this past summer that next year everyone will need a showing harness for 2011 fair. The ring stewards have a hard time keeping up with whos who and so does the judge when placing especially with the hog show. Our numbers go into your back pant pocket. A lot of parents dont want to buy them since its their kids last year or some other issue. So far I know our FFA chapter is buyin like 6 for its members and I think the extension office is buying some for the 4-h kids.

jphelps

i really don't like wearing them. i can never get them to fit right on my shoulders and the straps fall off in the ring and its just another thing to deal with. i prefer just getting a clip to put in your back pocket or on your belt

Dozer45

YAA horse show world lol. I always just pin my to my shirt with those little silver nuber pins. IMO the harness looks sloppy in most cases inless it fits just right. Saw a nice leather one at a show it was probably the best I have ever seen

cornershack

after years of dealing with "the hello my name is" type stickers on their arms, OK august heat sweaty kids, they lasted maybe 5 min, most of them where duct taped. real showmanship points there. i suggested the cards with elastic for the upper arm also a horsey item. they finallly got a card with pocket clips attatched. they slide into the back pocket. must have been cheap they made them up ahead of time and for each animal registered, even the ones that did not show. dozens were thrown away.

PaFFA Proud

People at our fair that used harnesses just wrote their number on a white sheet of paper and stuck it in...with mine I used my numbers that go into the clear pouch of my english show pad(another horse person here <rock>) and slid them into my harness...it looked really good and professional!

rf21970

The showmanship judge at our steer show wanted to see them worn, even though there were no numbers in them.

Dozer45

PaFFA Proud said:
People at our fair that used harnesses just wrote their number on a white sheet of paper and stuck it in...with mine I used my numbers that go into the clear pouch of my english show pad(another horse person here <rock>) and slid them into my harness...it looked really good and professional!

I bet that would look a whole lot better. Funny how many horse people show cattle

Dozer45

This is true! After being in both show worlds I would much rather be in the show cattle industry thent the horse

PaFFA Proud

yeah no money with horses right now............plus i would take steer sowmanship any day over horse showmanship (lol)

Dozer45

So true! I use to hate showmanship with my horses but I love it with my heifers. Plus I think the people are a little more friendly and dont seem to look down on beginners as much IMO

PaFFA Proud

lets just say piviots on hind legs= pain in the butt, and yes cow people r nicer than horse people especially I find QH people at shows more snobby then the hunter show people

Latest posts