Show of your show steers/heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

Hey! Anybody wanna show pics of your show animals? I love looking at pictures and learning from your comments!!! Id add mine as soon as the weather clears up.

dagrate1s

I will try and grab a pic or two tonight of a couple of them after I rinse for the night. Hopefully before it gets too darn cold outside.

dagrate1s

What is Your Opinions On This Guy? I need some honest critism on what to change or work at on him.

Here is one of my steers that has just started to come along recently. I think he has a nice future to follow but we have only had him out a couple times. He was second in class to the champion cross last weekend but the judge didnt say much about him. Thanks guys

Craig

Attachments

• 100_1149.jpg
    100_1149.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 635
  • 100_1150.jpg
    100_1150.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 627
  • 100_1151.jpg
    100_1151.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 606

Bawndoh

I love him!
I would not change a thing!  What is his breeding...probably obviously a HW but just curious.  I am also just wondering why his feet look so small.  It shouldnt be a problem on a steer, but are his feet really that small?  Not too many cattle would last long with a foot that tiny.  Maybe its just the angle of the photo.

BCCC

You wanna knwo exactly what I said when I saw the ass of that calf.... OH D@%N. I like him ALOT

shortdawg

feed, rinse, brush, blow/ feed, rinse, brush, blow.................................. and you will be in the hunt.

BCCC

23heifer012.jpg

dagrate1s

The steer at the top is a Heatwave. His feet are not huge but they are better in person than the pic makes them appear.

BCCC- I like your heifer a lot. She has a lot of things to her that I like to see in heifers, good muscling patterns, depth and length of body, and good structure.

GoneWest- Yea, wow, dang.. she is balanced and looks really nice. She could definately put some hurtin on some people in the show ring. She wouldnt happen to be for sale would she? Let me know

SKF

Here's my daughters new show steers for this year.  The first is out of Radioactive and we will have him home on Tues he is out in Ok. The second is out of Carnyman and Angus cow and the third is her home grown steer for our born and bred class at the county fair. He is out of a Power Plus son and a WMW cow. Any opinons please!!!!

Attachments

• shorthorn_steerx[1].jpg
    shorthorn_steerx[1].jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 353
  • Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_H.jpg
    Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_H.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_2.jpg
    Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_3.jpg
    Walt,_Bobby_Socks,_Gizmo,_3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 287

TJ

dagrate1s said:
What is Your Opinions On This Guy? I need some honest critism on what to change or work at on him.

Here is one of my steers that has just started to come along recently. I think he has a nice future to follow but we have only had him out a couple times. He was second in class to the champion cross last weekend but the judge didnt say much about him. Thanks guys

Craig

IMHO, that is a pretty good steer.  With hard work & the right nutrition, that calf will be able to stand some serious heat.

dagrate1s

SKF- I like that Horn Steer a lot. Real complete in his make-up and look like he's smoke fronted with tons of look to go around. If I were to change him at all he would need a little homework on his butt, but that may also come with time. He could run real hard as a horn for sure. The other calves could be good ones but it is hard to tell from the pics.

Craig